Record Player - How Do I Do The Arm??

Decorating By kyliejm Updated 14 Jan 2009 , 11:55pm by dabear

kyliejm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kyliejm Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 6:59pm
post #1 of 7

Hi everyone - this is my first post - yay!
I am doing a record player for a DJ-ing friend next week and was wondering if anyone had any clues on how to do the arm?

Thanks HEAPS! thumbs_up.gif

6 replies
ladybug76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladybug76 Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 7:12pm
post #2 of 7

Well.... "Happy 1st Post" to you!! icon_lol.gif

I searched some previous forums and this is what I found...

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopic-383463-0-days0-orderasc-.html

Also, if you look under the 'search' tab and type in record player, there are quite a few cakes previously posted that you may find inspiration.

Good Luck!!
~Jaime

BakingJeannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingJeannie Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 7:40pm
post #3 of 7

Hi!
I recently made one for a friend (look at my Photos) and I used the florist wire, about three or four entwined with florist tape, the cover it with gumpaste. The head with the needle I made separately and attached later. It's best to do this a few days ahead, plus keep an extra one just incase anything happens.
Happy baking & cheers!
Jeannie

kyliejm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kyliejm Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 6:58pm
post #4 of 7

Thanks so much!!

Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 2:14am
post #5 of 7

Made this one a couple of months back. Just made the arm out of gumpaste, a couple of gumpaste supports for underneath and glued the parts together on the cake. I did premake small holes for toothpicks, so that I could fit them together on the cake.

As for the record, I used a cutting board with tight spirals and just rolled the fondant out on it and cut it out with the lid of a cooking pot, worked beautifully and really looked like a record
LL

amyfj1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amyfj1 Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 11:19pm
post #6 of 7

I made one 3 months after just starting to make cakes. It is kinda lop sided but the birthday boy loved it. I used a bendable straw that I covered in fondant. It is in my photos.

dabear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dabear Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 11:55pm
post #7 of 7

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo-1301755.html
this one was just posted. they used straws.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%