Clear Plastic Cake Boxes...?

Business By cakesdivine Updated 10 Jan 2009 , 2:31am by cakesdivine

cakesdivine Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 4:45pm
post #1 of 11

I do know I can get them from Decopac BUT they are so expensive! Does anyone else know of another distributor of these...

They are the kind that grocery stores use.

An opportunity to have case cakes in a local upscale convenience store in our remote area has presented itself...cardboard boxes just won't cut it.

10 replies
melvin01 Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 4:53pm
post #2 of 11

try: www.plasticcontainercity.com

I have not ordered from them, but they have a wide variety of plastic items. You may want to see if they are more affordable.

Plus, I do like www.brpboxshop.com they have cute pink cake boxes with see through lids. Something to think about (and one of the only places that I know of to get mini-cupcake holders!).

-Tubbs Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 4:59pm
post #3 of 11

Cardboard is the new plastic - didn't you know???!!

Seriously, I'd much prefer to buy something in a recyclable (sp?) cardboard box with a window than a plastic box that has to be thrown away.

That might be more in keeping with an upmarket place too. Pink sounds nice, or kraft if you can get them (even more eco-looking!)

cakesdivine Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 5:00pm
post #4 of 11

Thanks melvin01, but that site is .95 higher per item than decopac.. icon_sad.gif

melvin01 Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 5:08pm
post #5 of 11

Wow, decopac may be the way to go then. Have you priced WalMart or Sam's? Sometimes they may be cheaper. Or if there is a bakery or grocery store that uses those, they may consider selling to you at cost.

cakesdivine Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 5:22pm
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by melvin01

Wow, decopac may be the way to go then. Have you priced WalMart or Sam's? Sometimes they may be cheaper. Or if there is a bakery or grocery store that uses those, they may consider selling to you at cost.

Wal mart & sams don't sell their bakery boxes in the amounts that I need them...LOL!

Also, to the person who suggested putting these in cardboard boxes...no can do if you are putting them in coffin cases (open air coolers) or freezer cases, They must be air tight sealed. You can't achieve that with a cardboard box.

Juds2323 Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 6:19pm
post #7 of 11

not sure if they are any good or how their prices compare. But how about instawares?

Judi

cakesdivine Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 6:38pm
post #8 of 11

I forgot about instawares... I'll see.

stephaniescakenj Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 9:25pm
post #9 of 11
cakesdivine Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 9:46pm
post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephaniescakenj

I get mine from brenmar...

http://www.brenmarco.com/category/bakery/containers

Thanks, this is the best price so far, but then I have to look at the shipping cost. Decopac is free with an order over $75

I'll let ya know!

cakesdivine Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 2:31am
post #11 of 11

Well Decopac wins...LOL! The shipping from the other company is so high it bumps the per item price to well over what Decopac charges for the same item...oh well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%