Pfeil & Holing Product Questions?

Decorating By dandelion56602 Updated 9 Jan 2009 , 9:35pm by dandelion56602

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 6:58am
post #1 of 6

Just wondering if anyone has used cake pans from cakedeco & if so if they are their brand or another brand? Are they good quality? What are they comparable to?

Another ? is about the Coast Tier separator system---is is like the SPS?

And if you've bought anything else you are or aren't satisfied with please let me know.

Thanks

5 replies
SweetArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetArt Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 7:23am
post #2 of 6

Pfeil & Holing pans are stamped "Pfeil & Holing". They are good pans. Mine are mixed in with my sets of Magic Line, and have never notice a difference in the quality or how the cakes bake up.

I also have the Coast system. They are like SPS, except they don't have the little nub in the center the hold the cake board in place. I do love the fact that the pillars come in 1/4" increments, because not all cakes are always a perfect 4". I use their pillars instead of dowels on cakes that I'm using just a board and no plate. NO CUTTING!!

The only thing I can think of that I haven't been satisfied with is their cheaper extracts. Not worth it, there was just something a little weird about it. But I wasn't too surprised by that.

Other than that, they've been great to order from and have good quality.

dandelion56602 Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 7:38am
post #3 of 6

So the columns are used w/ the plating system & the tubes are used w/ just plain plates? http://www.cakedeco.com/cgi-bin/webc.cgi/st_main.html?p_catid=266&page=3&sid=8Q8COq2CoM0fBK9-28109358293.5b . Do the columns lock into the plate system & the tubes used like dowels?

I'll be using Christmas money soon when I can decide what to get besides my Chefmaster colors!

SweetArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetArt Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 9:17pm
post #4 of 6

I hope I'm understanding your questions right; No, they are not used together, and the columns and tubes both lock into the plates the same way. The columns leave a height above the cake where as the tubes will sit flush with the cake (like dowels). You only need one or the other per plate. 4 legs per plate, nothing more. I only mentioned using them as dowels for when I run out of the plastic plates, they're still very useful.

Tita9499 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tita9499 Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 9:30pm
post #5 of 6

I don't have any of P&H pans, but I used to order from them exclusively. They're a great company in that they don't throw any surprises at you. You get exactly what you see, and they have awesome customer service reps.

dandelion56602 Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 9:35pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks for the clarification. Tubes are what I'm wanting.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%