God Bless Tita9499: Update!!!

Decorating By Niquie Updated 10 Jan 2009 , 6:10pm by Tita9499

Niquie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Niquie Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 4:17am
post #1 of 18

Hi All,
I just wanted to say "Many Thanks and Blessings" to Tita9499. If you weren't following the story, you can find the forum posts here http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=612650&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0.

Thanks to her, I now have a KitchenAid mixer. She received a new one and being the wonderful, kind and thoughtful person she is, she sent me her used one. I should not have to tell you all how excited and greatful I am that such a wonderful, giving person came into my life, and the timing couldn't have been better. Everytime I think about how nice Tita was to me, my eyes get full of water!!! It's so nice to know that there are still some kind people in the world, and of course you will find them on CC, LOL!!!! Just wanted to give you all the update on that forum, and to let everyone know how happy (exstatic really) I am right now. I am getting ready to use that mixer as soon as I post this message, LOL!!! Thanks Tita, and God Bless!!!!

Ashley

17 replies
rcsnickers2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rcsnickers2 Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 4:44am
post #2 of 18

wow, that is awesome! I have 5 children and understand your position! God always provides!!!!

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 9:46am
post #3 of 18

That is absolutely nice of her to do such a thing and you are very lucky person.

God send amazing people to our lives in an amazing way! icon_biggrin.gif

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 10:45am
post #4 of 18

Well, I for one, am not surprised that you would encounter such generosity on these boards.
It's inspiring.

coopette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coopette Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 2:07pm
post #5 of 18

In my opinion ALL you ccer's are a GOD SEND to me !!!!!!!

sarahpierce Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahpierce Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 3:06pm
post #6 of 18

Post pictures of that beautiful buttercream icon_lol.gif !

Frankyola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Frankyola Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 3:58pm
post #7 of 18

God bless you tita9499 believe me I know how Niqquie feels. My DH gave me my KA a few years ago (christmas present) and I cried for about 2 hours, it was so nice of him because we had no money at that time and he got all he had at that time for my KA (we didn't had kids at that time), but he did not got any presents from me. icon_redface.gificon_cry.gif . Now we are better but still my KA it is my 1 st. baby.

P.S. We didn't have even a christmas dinner because he got my KA for me, but we had our regular diner but full of love. thumbs_up.gif

IcedTea4Me2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IcedTea4Me2 Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 4:11pm
post #8 of 18

That is great! Now pay it forward with pictures of all of your wonderful creations!

Lisa

dmich Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dmich Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 4:22pm
post #9 of 18

What a wonderful story! It's those kinds of random acts of kindness that make the world a better place.

Tita9499 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tita9499 Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 4:46pm
post #10 of 18

I thank God that, while we are by no means rich monetarily, we are rich when it comes to being able to give.
I was just thinking last night about if the mixer would make it to Ashley and I received a beautiful email from her this morning letting me know she'd gotten it.
Now we all should pray that it survived the trip from El Paso to Japan and it lasts years and years and years for her.
I just hope everybody will remember when they were down and out, broke, homeless or just really, really wanted something that was just out of reach and if you're in a position to bless someone else- rush to do it. Sure I could've sold the mixer for some extra Christmas money, but this felt so much better and that feeling will last a lifetime!

grannys3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannys3angels Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 9:56am
post #11 of 18

God Bless you Tita for being so giving and thoughtful. The good we do for others doesn't go unseen and is never forgotten.

I know how she feels, when someone we don't know or have never met is so giving of them selfs...be it with a mixer, a letter, card, advice, tips, even to wonderful words in a PM. Sometimes we never know how doing something for others, no matter how big or small...can bring such happiness to them.

Niquie, I am so happy for you! Now, make some BC icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif
God Bless,
Sharon

Niquie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Niquie Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 10:37am
post #12 of 18

These posts really make me smile. Thanks again to Tita9499 (Marta)!!! I wanted to share the pic of my first cake mixed with the KA (it is working wonderfully), so it did survive the long trip from TX to Japan!!! I was so happy when I checked the mail. Oh, the cake, LOL!!!! I covered it in MMF, but with that mixer my batter mixing and icing mixing was so much faster and easier, and guess what, my icing was smooth too!!! Yay!!!!!!!!!! I did the MMF by hand though. You can't see the smooth icing, but I am sharing the pic anyway, because that mixer was a lifesaver. The cake was for the less fortunate young girl that I mentioned in the other forum post. I didn't like the way it turned out, but I guess it was a good try for a first time fondant covered cake. By the time I got it to the Shower, it was leaning and bulging, but things happen and I guess you just have to roll with the punches. It tasted super great though, if that makes it any better. I didn't have to mix with a spoon anymore (which I had been doing since I only had a hand mixer that incorporated too much air into the icing). Anyway, thanks again to Tita, and God Bless all you wonderful CCer's!!!

P.S. Another "Big Thanks" to Jammjenks, she did a wonderful thing by cleaning out some of her things and sending them to me also. I haven't received them yet, but just like with the mixer, the tears came and I am so greatful that I became a member of this site and am meeting so many wonderful people. I am on my way (slowly, LOL) to becoming a great decorator like the rest of you!!! Thanks, and have a beautiful, blessed day!!!!

Ashley
LL

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 1:06pm
post #13 of 18

What do you mean you didn't like how it turned out???
It's wonderful!! Ooooohhhhhhh YES! you are well on your way to being a super *great!* decorator. I can see the talent alreadyicon_smile.gif

kjt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjt Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 1:27pm
post #14 of 18

This post just makes me so happy to be a part of this wonderful group of people.

Marta, you rock thumbs_up.gif !

Niquie, looks like you are already well on your way to becomming an accomplished decorator-smooth fondant, beautiful color, adorable baby booties-nice job icon_smile.gif !

Warm regards,
Kathy

dmich Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dmich Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 2:04pm
post #15 of 18

Oh my goodness, your cake is beautiful! What bulging and tilting are you talking about? I wish my cakes would bulge and tilt like that. icon_wink.gif

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 2:16pm
post #16 of 18

Yeah, Tita is one of my favorite people here. So funny and strong with a great heart!

sugarycreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarycreations Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 2:45pm
post #17 of 18

That was an amazing first fondant cake! We are always more critical of our stuff than other people. Congratulations & happy cake & icing making!

Tita9499 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tita9499 Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 6:10pm
post #18 of 18

Ya'll better stop, you've got me watering up over here. Ashley, stop being so hard on yourself, your work is great!
I tell you if you would've seen some of my earlier work, you'd of thought my baby did it. Rock out girl!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%