Talking To My Friend Right Now About Design ... Please Help!

Decorating By emiyeric Updated 9 Jan 2009 , 4:29am by emiyeric

emiyeric Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 4:02am
post #1 of 3

I've been asked to make a wrestling belt cake for a friend's brother, and I've looked at several cakes to see what other people have done. I have two questions that I'm hoping I might get some help with, though:

She says she needs to feed 20-25 people; I was thinking of doing an 8-in round for the center, and then carving some extra onto the sides for the belt itself. If I do my usual two torted layers, the round itself will cover most of the cake needed (this will not be the only dessert, and they're fine with Wilton-sized servings) ... a) should I do the usual two layers, or do you think a single-layer cake would work better for this particular design? and b) would you go with an 8-in round, or a different size? Obviously, it would depend on whether it's a single or double layer cake to begin with, but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

-Emi.

2 replies
Doug Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 4:10am
post #2 of 3

i'd do double layer 8inch in center and then single layer belt additions to each side to give a more 3D in your face effect to the buckle portion. and I'd probably upsize to a 10inch.

of course you could do a 10 inch bottom and an 8 inch to and the build up icing to give it a sort of rounded shape too (and who's going to complain about extra icing???)

emiyeric Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 4:29am
post #3 of 3

Ooooohhhh, I LIKE the idea of the two different sizes of rounds! I was hoping you'd respond, Doug! You're a font of knowledge icon_wink.gif. Nice nice nice idea! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%