Silicone Molds

Decorating By cakebaby59 Updated 9 Jan 2009 , 5:40pm by Frankyola

cakebaby59 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaby59 Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 3:02am
post #1 of 8

HEY ALL...HAPPY NEW YEAR...AND ALL THAT JAZZ!!! LOL

HAS ANYONE TRIED MAKING THEIR OWN SILICONE MOLDS AND IF SO WHERE DID YOU GET YOUR SUPPLIES FOR IT? AND WHAT KIND OF LUCK DID YOU HAVE WITH IT? THANKS SO MUCH...LINDA

7 replies
cakesmade4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesmade4u Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 3:36am
post #2 of 8

Yes I just tried to make my own molds this last weekend and they seemed to work out good for the fondant and choclate. I've yet to try and bake or make hard candy in them. I got my molding puddy at Michaels with my 50./. Coupon so I only paied about 10.00 so that is fine untill I want to do more advance molds. Also there are threads on here if you type in "make your own molds" I believe others have left web pages where to get more supplies. Good luck......

cakebaby59 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaby59 Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 3:45am
post #3 of 8

Thanks alot cakesmade4u...I will look into those threads...and I will definately check out Michael's the next time I go to the city.
Thanks again...Linda

cakesmade4u Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 4:08am
post #4 of 8

no problem... icon_smile.gif

bisbqueenb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bisbqueenb Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 3:01pm
post #5 of 8

You can also make molds using fondant or gumpaste! They are not as long lasting but work nicely when you need something special. I made a mold from one of the conchos on my belt and used it to make a gumpaste concho hat band for a cowboy hat cake. I have made a lot of different ones...including baby feet that I made using a rubber stamp. They are not as sturdy or fast to make as the silicon, but cheap to make and if stored properly can last a long time.

Frankyola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Frankyola Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 3:12pm
post #6 of 8

Hi cakesmade4u!! If you don't mind can you tell me what kind of putty did you get, I went to Michael's but I just find the Amaizing clay or something like that, I want to make a zipper mold for a LV purse and I do not know what to use.

Thank You so much in advance. icon_smile.gif

cakesmade4u Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 5:27pm
post #7 of 8

Hi it is the Amazing mold puddy with the baby in the front if you open the cover it will have the pictures and it is food safe FDA. icon_biggrin.gif

Frankyola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Frankyola Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 5:40pm
post #8 of 8

Thank You so much I will keep looking for it. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%