New Year's Resolution Broken :(

Lounge By CookieMeister Updated 9 Jan 2009 , 4:59am by michellenj

CookieMeister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieMeister Posted 8 Jan 2009 , 3:28pm
post #1 of 6

I'm still fairly novice to cake decorating, and my schedule tends to be jam packed so I don't get to practice as much as I'd like. My new year's resolution was to practice by making at least one cake a week and practice at least one new technique every week.

I may have broken my right hand playing volleyball last night. It is swollen and I can't grip anything with it. icon_cry.gif If it's broken, my new year's resolution is toast.

Wish me luck at the doctor's this morning! Hope it's just a sprain!

5 replies
TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 8 Jan 2009 , 6:46pm
post #2 of 6

good luck!

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 8 Jan 2009 , 8:01pm
post #3 of 6

You can always practice or learn to use your left hand when piping. icon_smile.gif

Instead of focusing on cake decorating, why not try a few new recipes instead?

Monkess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monkess Posted 8 Jan 2009 , 8:26pm
post #4 of 6

awww...hope you get fixed up pretty soon...technically you havent broken your resolution just your hand! So get back on track when you are healed...take care

TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 8 Jan 2009 , 8:38pm
post #5 of 6

I hope it's not broken! If you can't pipe, though, you can still keep a substitute resolution by reading through a new cake book every week - check your library and see what they have to offer.

Deanna

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 4:59am
post #6 of 6

Maybe you can make some 6 inchers when your hand gets better, then double time your efforts. I was going to run a marathon but got injured, so does that mean I broke a resolution? (Not that I care, I broke most of them icon_lol.gif )

Hope your hand feels better!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%