Favorite Yellow Cake?

Decorating By dmich Updated 9 Jan 2009 , 2:25am by faby33

dmich Posted 7 Jan 2009 , 11:36pm
post #1 of 13

I would love to hear what is everyone's favorite yellow cake recipe. I haven't been able to find one that I'm really happy with. Thank you!

12 replies
dmich Posted 8 Jan 2009 , 1:56pm
post #2 of 13

bump - anyone?

cylstrial Posted 8 Jan 2009 , 2:06pm
post #3 of 13

I wish that I had a favorite yellow cake recipe to share.. but I'm looking for one too. Hopefully, someone will give us a great one!

cylstrial Posted 8 Jan 2009 , 2:07pm
post #4 of 13

I wish that I had a favorite yellow cake recipe to share.. but I'm looking for one too. Hopefully, someone will give us a great one!

cylstrial Posted 8 Jan 2009 , 2:09pm
post #5 of 13

rocketmom1985 Posted 8 Jan 2009 , 6:29pm
post #6 of 13

I just used Serious_Cakes yellow cake recipe and it got rave reviews for being mosit and everyone loved the flavor. I didn't have milk in the house so I subbed buttermilk which for some reason icon_rolleyes.gif I did have and it was very good. This should bring up the recipe.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-7267-54-Easy-Yellow-Cake.html

sweet_teeth Posted 8 Jan 2009 , 6:41pm
post #7 of 13

I really like Vanilla Butter Cake from the Mermaid Bakery (it's a scratch recipe). I think it needs a little more flavor though so I usually double the extracts. Also, I always use buttermilk opposed to the milk + vinegar method since I usually have buttermilk leftover from prior cakes and like to use it up. It always receives rave reviews from box and scratch lovers.

dmich Posted 8 Jan 2009 , 9:20pm
post #8 of 13

Rocketmom, thanks for the recommendation. Did you use the equivalent amount of buttermilk to substitute for the milk?

Alexandra, I did a Google search for Mermaid Bakery and wasn't able to find any relevant links. Do you have a link to that recipe? Thanks.

rocketmom1985 Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 12:55am
post #9 of 13

Yep, subbed equal amount of buttermilk for regular milk. I Looooovve buttermilk in cake...give me buttermilk pancakes over plain any day too!.

CakeMakar Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 1:12am
post #10 of 13

I like the Versatile Buttercake on here.

sweet_teeth Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 1:30am
post #11 of 13

Sorry I forgot to tell you.. it's from this site icon_smile.gif

Here is the link:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-4313-vanilla-butter-cake-from-the.html

faby33 Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 2:22am
post #12 of 13

happy new year to everyone!!!!!!
i would like to know where i go to get an edible picture? how do i ask for it? please anybody who can help me on this. i know pathmark sells cakes with edible images. do you think they could sell it? i will appreciate your answers. best wishes for all.

faby33 Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 2:25am
post #13 of 13

sorry i made a mistake . my previous post was sent to the wrong place.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%