Cookie Cake Packaging Question

Baking By Newatdecorating Updated 8 Jan 2009 , 11:27pm by yankeegal

Newatdecorating Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Newatdecorating Posted 7 Jan 2009 , 11:03pm
post #1 of 7

Where can I find the boxes that are used to package the cookie cakes? Also, do you know of any alternative packaging ideas? I would like ot keep the cost as low as possible.

6 replies
shiney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shiney Posted 8 Jan 2009 , 12:08am
post #2 of 7

This may not help you, but we had bought some crissant sandwiches from Walmart that came in those little plastic boxes,and I washed and used those for some cookies, they look like the same thing I've seen the cookie cakes packaged in. I also put cookies in those foil casserole type containers from Walmart or grocery store, they have some small square ones with lids, I think they were about $1.50 each

Newatdecorating Posted 8 Jan 2009 , 2:07pm
post #3 of 7

Thanks Shiney! I'm going to Walmart later today and will check and see what they have. It hit me later that I did not describe what I was talking about. I called them cookie cakes for lack of another name, but I'm talking about the cookies that you cut out in various sizes and stack. I believe I have seen them done for showers and weddings, however I'm not really needing packaging for something fancy.

Newatdecorating Posted 8 Jan 2009 , 2:08pm
post #4 of 7

Thanks Shiney! I'm going to Walmart later today and will check and see what they have. It hit me later that I did not describe what I was talking about. I called them cookie cakes for lack of another name, but I'm talking about the cookies that you cut out in various sizes and stack. I believe I have seen them done for showers and weddings, however I'm not really needing packaging for something fancy.

shiney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shiney Posted 8 Jan 2009 , 3:17pm
post #5 of 7

New, you described it perfectly, I knew exactly what you were talking about. Good luck!!

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 8 Jan 2009 , 8:25pm
post #6 of 7

Yup, I knew exactly what you meant too!

I package these in 4x4x4" clear acetate boxes. I buy them locally in Calgary, but I'm sure there must be many mail order places in the US where you could get them. They look very elegant and people love them.

yankeegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yankeegal Posted 8 Jan 2009 , 11:27pm
post #7 of 7

There are some of the clear boxes here:
http://www.uline.com/Product/AdvSearchResult.aspx?keywords=clear%20vinyl%20boxes

I remember these cookies from the Martha Stewart website.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%