Doughnuts Stacked And Shaped Like A 3 Tiered Cake...

Decorating By BakeLoveMom Updated 11 Jan 2009 , 4:18pm by sarahpierce

BakeLoveMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakeLoveMom Posted 7 Jan 2009 , 10:50pm
post #1 of 6

I got a request from a dear friend to make a cake of doughnuts for her hubby who is also one of my closest friends, he doesn't really like cake, but this is a big b-day for him "30", so I was just trying to figure out the best way to to this and how to decorate it manly with it still looking like doughnuts. He collects dvd's and goes and sees practically every movie when it comes out, so I was thinking something with movie reels, or popcorn as part of the decoration on top...I am just not sure, any ideas???? Thanks so much.

Sarah

5 replies
7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 7 Jan 2009 , 11:34pm
post #2 of 6

If you're interested in a picture of a doughnut stack, try this. http://flickr.com/photos/12973171@N00/60561686/

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 8 Jan 2009 , 12:02am
post #3 of 6

Wait.....so, is it CAKE that just looks like donuts? Or are you making
him a birthday cake OUT of donuts. I'm confused? icon_confused.gif

I've seen photos online of stacked donuts & snack cakes for weddings. Should be an easy thing to pull off for a birthday, right?
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 8 Jan 2009 , 1:49pm
post #4 of 6

wow atonia- every photo out there! There was a local article here about Krispy Kreme doughnuts doing these by request. Seems like it would be fun. Stack and decorate in some way. Simpsons idea was cute...lol.

BakeLoveMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakeLoveMom Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 4:05pm
post #5 of 6

Wow guys, Sorry it took me so long, I had a few 12's to work...anyway, thanks so much. Yes, it would be doughnuts stacked to look like a tiered cake, sorry, I know it is confusing. I really like the ideas with the tiered stands...very cool. Thanks everone.

sarahpierce Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahpierce Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 4:18pm
post #6 of 6

If it's going to be all doughnuts you could attach dowels to a wood cakeboard with screws. Then stack the doughnuts so the dowels run through the middle of the doughnuts. That way the doughnuts won't fall over, and it will look more uniform. To make it look like a popcorn bucket, frost the outside of the tall round donut "cake" with red and white strips and make the popcorn out of fondant or marshmellows. You could even use real carmel corn on top.HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%