New Cake Flavor: Goodnight Kiss?

Decorating By MacsMom Updated 9 Jan 2009 , 1:49am by mommicakes

MacsMom Posted 7 Jan 2009 , 1:06am
post #1 of 9

I could've sworn it was here that someone posted Goodnight Kiss as a flavor and I love that name, but I forgot what flavor it was!!

If anyone recalls, would you mind refreshing my memory?

OR - What would you consider a Goodnight Kiss? (I was thinking champagne and chocolate for some reason...)

8 replies
baycheeks1 Posted 7 Jan 2009 , 1:30am
post #2 of 9

If that is a flavor I sure would like to know myself...And if it were a flavor I would think of like chocolate and lavender.

rachel-b Posted 7 Jan 2009 , 1:37am
post #3 of 9

OOHHH! I want to know, too!

ibmoser Posted 8 Jan 2009 , 6:56pm
post #4 of 9

Yes - romantic name for a flavor. I just Googled "goodnight kiss cake flavor" and only found two sources that could be used as a flavor combination. One was a dessert cocktail with amaretto, dark creme do cacao and vanilla syrup and the other was cherry brandy and apple cider icon_lol.gif .

MacsMom Posted 8 Jan 2009 , 7:42pm
post #5 of 9

I found a couple of different drinks named Goodnight Kiss so this is the cake I came up with:

"Anise flavored champagne cake with a white-chocolate truffle filling."

I wonder if I'll get any requests for it! I just like the name, lol.

sparklepopz Posted 8 Jan 2009 , 9:13pm
post #6 of 9

"Goodnight Kisses" was the name of a flavor of Hershey's Hot Cocoa mix that I have not seen in stores in quite a long time. If I recall correctly, it was named that because it was caffeine free.

MaisieBake Posted 8 Jan 2009 , 9:30pm
post #7 of 9

Anise and champagne?

You know your clientele better than I do, but I like the name too much to waste it on something that sounds inedible.

MacsMom Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 12:11am
post #8 of 9

The drink is champagne with angustora bitters and Campari. Campari and bitters are both anise based.

The other drink is called "A Long Kiss Goodnight" and is a vanilla vodka martini with white chocolate liquer.

...I'll make it in February (when I have free time) and give a report.

mommicakes Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 1:49am
post #9 of 9

YUM!!!!!! I must experiment as well. will post results soon. thanks. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%