More Fondant Questions:

Decorating By klj0207 Updated 6 Jan 2009 , 4:58pm by Frankyola

klj0207 Posted 6 Jan 2009 , 1:45am
post #1 of 6

My buttercream fondant is real greasy and shiny. Do I add more powedered sugar to make it not shiney? Also when I was rolling it some would break off, is that normal? Like I said before, this is my first time working with fondant so I don't know anything about it and what it's supposed to look like. But I know it's not supposed to be shiny! I was trying to attempt to make some animals but they aren't staying together, do you make all the parts seperate? And is coloring fondant the same as coloring buttercream? Sorry for all the questions, I'm just trying to figure this stuff out!

5 replies
KoryAK Posted 6 Jan 2009 , 1:56am
post #2 of 6

what do you mean by buttercream fondant? rolled buttercream? I am thinking the answers will be different depending on what you are using...

Lady_Phoenix Posted 6 Jan 2009 , 1:58am
post #3 of 6

Are you using rolled buttercream or fondant? They are not the same thing.

klj0207 Posted 6 Jan 2009 , 2:40am
post #4 of 6

Oh, well I knew there were different variations of fondant, but this recipe said Rolled Buttercream I guess I figured this was just another variation....but I guess not. It's rolled buttercream.

kakeladi Posted 6 Jan 2009 , 3:23am
post #5 of 6

Rolled b'cream is shinyicon_smile.gif Sounds like it needs a bit more fat or liquid since it is breaking apart.

Frankyola Posted 6 Jan 2009 , 4:58pm
post #6 of 6

I do not like rolled bc it is too greasy and I do not like the flavor, what about using michele's foster fondant? it is really good. thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%