Jennifer Dontz Chocolate Fondant

Decorating By LisaMaeCakes Updated 9 Jan 2009 , 12:43am by JenniferMI

LisaMaeCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaMaeCakes Posted 5 Jan 2009 , 11:18pm
post #1 of 10

I've ordered the Jennifer Dontz DVD w/her recipe for chocolate fondant. So excited .....love her cakes! Any of you guys have any experience w/her fondant?

Thx
Lisa

9 replies
FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 5 Jan 2009 , 11:55pm
post #2 of 10

I'd like to add a question to yours, Lisa...hope that's ok.

Has anyone tried Jennifer's chocolate recipe with other fondants besides the brand she recommends in her DVD?

LisaMaeCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaMaeCakes Posted 6 Jan 2009 , 12:09am
post #3 of 10

bump

mandifrye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandifrye Posted 6 Jan 2009 , 2:08am
post #4 of 10

I love, love Jennifer's recipe. And, yes, I have. I have used her recipe with Michelle Foster's fondant with success. I also have used it with MacsMom's buttercream fondant (however, I added only around half to get successful results).

I have started doing most cakes with buttercream backgrounds, so it has been a while. But, still my favorite to work with.

Great investment!

Enjoy!
Mandi

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 6 Jan 2009 , 11:04pm
post #5 of 10

Thanks mandifrye, that's good to know...I love M. Foster's fondant and Macsmom's is next on my list to try (as soon as my butter oils arrive).

dabear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dabear Posted 6 Jan 2009 , 11:22pm
post #6 of 10

I have tried it with satin ice-it was soooooooo soft. It tasted great. But, I will try with the recommended brand of fondant next time!

mandifrye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandifrye Posted 7 Jan 2009 , 3:28am
post #7 of 10

You guys are very welcome. Just add Jennifer's recipe a little at a time and find the mix that works for you. You might have to play with the amounts just a tad, but to my pocket book, it is definately worth it!!!

HTH -
Mandi

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 7 Jan 2009 , 10:56pm
post #8 of 10

I have used it with Fondx & it was great. I had to add some cornstarch to it as it was a little soft, that worked well. I am going to order some Pettinice next time I need fondant.

Shelly4481 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelly4481 Posted 8 Jan 2009 , 9:34pm
post #9 of 10

I have used it with mmf and it is great!!! I did cut back on the corn syrup and choc a little. It was also a little hard to mix together but I did as good as I could then let it sit and the next day it worked perfect. A little soft but I just used ps to roll it out and it worked. I love the taste.

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 12:43am
post #10 of 10

Lisa -

Please check your e-mail, I mailed you a message icon_smile.gif

Pettinice is a dream to work with, with this recipe. Satin Ice works sometimes....that's why I avoid it.

If you have any questions on the fondant, yell ok?

Jen icon_smile.gif
PS - I'm so happy to hear people like it!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%