Jennifer Dontz Chocolate Fondant

Decorating By LisaMaeCakes Updated 9 Jan 2009 , 12:43am by JenniferMI

LisaMaeCakes Posted 5 Jan 2009 , 11:18pm
post #1 of 10

I've ordered the Jennifer Dontz DVD w/her recipe for chocolate fondant. So excited her cakes! Any of you guys have any experience w/her fondant?

9 replies
FlourPots Posted 5 Jan 2009 , 11:55pm
post #2 of 10

I'd like to add a question to yours, Lisa...hope that's ok.

Has anyone tried Jennifer's chocolate recipe with other fondants besides the brand she recommends in her DVD?

LisaMaeCakes Posted 6 Jan 2009 , 12:09am
post #3 of 10

mandifrye Posted 6 Jan 2009 , 2:08am
post #4 of 10

I love, love Jennifer's recipe. And, yes, I have. I have used her recipe with Michelle Foster's fondant with success. I also have used it with MacsMom's buttercream fondant (however, I added only around half to get successful results).

I have started doing most cakes with buttercream backgrounds, so it has been a while. But, still my favorite to work with.

Great investment!

FlourPots Posted 6 Jan 2009 , 11:04pm
post #5 of 10

Thanks mandifrye, that's good to know...I love M. Foster's fondant and Macsmom's is next on my list to try (as soon as my butter oils arrive).

dabear Posted 6 Jan 2009 , 11:22pm
post #6 of 10

I have tried it with satin ice-it was soooooooo soft. It tasted great. But, I will try with the recommended brand of fondant next time!

mandifrye Posted 7 Jan 2009 , 3:28am
post #7 of 10

You guys are very welcome. Just add Jennifer's recipe a little at a time and find the mix that works for you. You might have to play with the amounts just a tad, but to my pocket book, it is definately worth it!!!

superstar Posted 7 Jan 2009 , 10:56pm
post #8 of 10

I have used it with Fondx & it was great. I had to add some cornstarch to it as it was a little soft, that worked well. I am going to order some Pettinice next time I need fondant.

Shelly4481 Posted 8 Jan 2009 , 9:34pm
post #9 of 10

I have used it with mmf and it is great!!! I did cut back on the corn syrup and choc a little. It was also a little hard to mix together but I did as good as I could then let it sit and the next day it worked perfect. A little soft but I just used ps to roll it out and it worked. I love the taste.

JenniferMI Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 12:43am
post #10 of 10

Lisa -

Please check your e-mail, I mailed you a message icon_smile.gif

Pettinice is a dream to work with, with this recipe. Satin Ice works sometimes....that's why I avoid it.

If you have any questions on the fondant, yell ok?

Jen icon_smile.gif
PS - I'm so happy to hear people like it!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%