Need Ideas....

Decorating By aunt_dodo Updated 6 Jan 2009 , 4:28am by aunt_dodo

aunt_dodo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aunt_dodo Posted 5 Jan 2009 , 11:02pm
post #1 of 4

Ok, so I got a call from a brides mother today inquiring about a wedding cake. I asked if she knew what she wanted, or had an idea...and she begins explaining the following: The bride wants a three-tier cake to feed around 125 people, but also wants cheesecakes incorporated into the design of the cake table. She wants the wedding cake to have a fountain under it...and somehow have five cheesecakes attached in some way. She said she didn't care if I did the stair cases to attach and incorporate them or if I can up with something different. The theme is going to be tropical. What I'm looking for is different ideas to incorporate the cheesecakes into the design of the main wedding cake. Pictures of ideas would also be nice....I don't mind PM's if someone prefers that method of response/communication. Thanks in advance!!! I look forward to seeing what you all think of!

3 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 6 Jan 2009 , 12:15am
post #2 of 4

I have a couple of ideas in my gallery album for you. You don't have to use stairs if you don't want to. Just put the cakes on the table next to the 'main' cake. But.....my ? for you is: do they want only a total of 125 servings including cheesecake or in are the cheesecakes in addition to the 125 'main' cake? It will be difficult to make a 'main; cake small enough then include cheesecakes extra. If that is necessary I suggest a 10, 6, 4 main w/several 8" cheesecakes around it. This will be a very small looking arrangement.
Remember cheesecake is cut in very small portions....like 1x1x4 or even smaller. Usually they are so rich that's about all people can eat at one sitting.

hummingbird59 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hummingbird59 Posted 6 Jan 2009 , 12:44am
post #3 of 4

This was the cake from my son's wedding. My DIL's aunt made it. This may help some with the fountain.
LL

aunt_dodo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aunt_dodo Posted 6 Jan 2009 , 4:28am
post #4 of 4

Thanks for the commments....and the picture!

No, they want the main cake to feed 125, and then the cheesecakes to make up the rest of what they want for dessert. Something like 250 or something like that I think she said.

Keep the ideas coming...thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%