How Do You Figure Out How Much To Charge?

Decorating By Someonesmommy Updated 6 Jan 2009 , 3:42am by Someonesmommy

Someonesmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Someonesmommy Posted 5 Jan 2009 , 4:39pm
post #1 of 7

I was asked to make birthday cakes for a local bar and they want me to make a little book or photo album with some pictures, prices and different flavors for people to look at when they book a party.

The 2 that I know for sure that I'll be making is a whiskey barrel with sugar beer bottles on top and a 6 or 8 inch round with a leather harley jacket wrapped around it. Ill be using fondant on both of them.

Not sure if I should charge by the serving since I'm sure there will be some small and some larger parties.

Assuming that I can get them to look really nice (Im doing some practice ones to take pictures of so Ill have plenty of practice), how do I figure out the prices?

Thanks in advance!
Robin

6 replies
kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 5 Jan 2009 , 11:31pm
post #3 of 7

Charge by the serving. For sculpted/shaped cakes charge for the amount used to begin with.......use a 12x18x2 to create a treasure chest, charge for the (is it?) 35 servings even if you waste some of it.

Someonesmommy Posted 6 Jan 2009 , 2:24am
post #4 of 7

Thanks for all the help!

Someonesmommy Posted 6 Jan 2009 , 2:24am
post #5 of 7

Thanks for all the help!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 6 Jan 2009 , 2:52am
post #6 of 7

If you plan price increases, you might put together a collection of photos in a book ..... and have a separate price list. Name or Number the cakes and then list them on the price sheet.

Way easier to re-do a one-page price list than it is to change an entire book.

When I put size/serving info next to my pics, I add the phrase "serves XX as shown .... can be altered for larger or smaller events".

Someonesmommy Posted 6 Jan 2009 , 3:42am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

If you plan price increases, you might put together a collection of photos in a book ..... and have a separate price list. Name or Number the cakes and then list them on the price sheet.

Way easier to re-do a one-page price list than it is to change an entire book.

When I put size/serving info next to my pics, I add the phrase "serves XX as shown .... can be altered for larger or smaller events".

Good idea! Thanks indydebi!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%