Carving Cake Recipes??

Decorating By Briniga Updated 6 Jan 2009 , 5:23am by Frankyola

Briniga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Briniga Posted 5 Jan 2009 , 5:38am
post #1 of 9

What are some recipes for cakes that I can carve? Also if cusomters want different flavors of the cake I can carve, what recipes do I use for that? Thanks

8 replies
Frankyola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Frankyola Posted 5 Jan 2009 , 9:49am
post #2 of 9

What I always use is the cakeladie's WASC and it is yummy and you can play with the flavors just change the almond extract for any flavor and it works really good for carving, that cake recipe it is my favorite thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gificon_wink.gif

Briniga Posted 5 Jan 2009 , 10:53pm
post #3 of 9

Ok, I searched for that recipe on here, but I didnt find it, do you know where I could find it? Thanks

Frankyola Posted 5 Jan 2009 , 11:07pm
post #4 of 9

This is her recipe I didn't find the link, after you try it let me know if you like it thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif
WASC cake recipe by Kakeladi the Original

1 pkg white cake mix (I prefer Betty Crocker)
  1 cup all purpose flour *see note at end
  1 cup granulated sugar
  generous dash of salt *see note at end
  3 whole eggs
  1 cup water
  1 cup sour cream
  2 teaspoons almond flavoring *see note at end

In a bowl, mix together cake mix, flour, sugar, salt.
Stir well w/a wire whip.
In KA mixer bowl, place eggs, water, sour cream & flavoring.
Add about 1/2 the dry ingredients, stir on low about 30 seconds; add remaining dry ingredients; stir on low another 30 seconds. Beat on med (about #4) for 2 minutes.
Prepare any size/shape pan(s) that will hold the batter of 1 1/2 mixes ie: 12x2" round or 2/8" rounds; or 9x13 etc.
Bake as usual.

*NOTES: I usually forget the salticon_sad.gif Some people tell me they use cake flour - if so use 3/4 Cup.
Any cake flavor or brand can be used in this recipe. Flavoring should be matched to cake flavor ie: lemon flavoring if lemon cake; vanilla for most others or if you really can't stand almond. You can increase or decrease amount of flavoring to taste.

Briniga Posted 5 Jan 2009 , 11:19pm
post #5 of 9

Ok thanks so much!! If have had like a chocolate cake, do I use vanilla or almond? Or what about a strawberry cake? Sorry about all the questions.

DsLady614 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DsLady614 Posted 5 Jan 2009 , 11:50pm
post #6 of 9

I've done this with chocolate, used all vanilla and instead of 1 cup flour I used 2/3 cup cocoa and 1/3 cup flour. Turns out one of the best chocolate cakes I've ever had.

Strawberry I haven't tried, but if I were to do it, I think I'd use vanilla only... and maybe replace the water with strawberry juice.

The nice thing about WASC is that you can just do so many things with it. Replace water with juice, add different flavorings. I did a yellow cake with orange extract that was delish!

Briniga Posted 5 Jan 2009 , 11:55pm
post #7 of 9

Ok, Thanks you for alllllll your help!!!!!

aundrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundrea Posted 6 Jan 2009 , 12:08am
post #8 of 9

this is not the receipe that i have. so im wondering of there are two different wasc cake receipes on this site.
i hear everyone rave about this cake and when i make it i find it to be alittle too moist.
im looking forward to trying this version. thanks for posting!

Frankyola Posted 6 Jan 2009 , 5:23am
post #9 of 9

For strawberry cake I use the strawberry mix and strawberry flavor instead almond. and it is so yummy!!

Any other ??? don't worry just ask thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gificon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%