Help With Covering A Cake With Fondant

Decorating By Danacakes65 Updated 5 Jan 2009 , 6:05pm by sugarshack

Danacakes65 Posted 5 Jan 2009 , 1:34am
post #1 of 7

Everytime I try to cover my cakes with fondant I always end up with creases at the bottom.

6 replies
sugarshack Posted 5 Jan 2009 , 1:40am
post #2 of 7

make sure you roll out your piece much biigger than you need. Some epole like to have the cake up on a can but that causes more creases and tearing for me.

Lift the fondant up and out with one hand as you gently smooth it down the side with the other hand. Like you are poofing a tablecloth and smoothing it down the side. Do that all the way around.

Danacakes65 Posted 5 Jan 2009 , 1:47am
post #3 of 7

Thanks,I will try that.

tracey1970 Posted 5 Jan 2009 , 1:59am
post #4 of 7

Tip #1 - buy Sugarshack's fondant video - it's awesome and worth every cent.

Tip #2 - go to Youtube and search fondant videos. You will get lots of them about how to cover all shapes of cakes.

Tip #3 - practice - it saved me!

the cake whole Posted 5 Jan 2009 , 3:39pm
post #5 of 7

I agree with tracey1970. Youtube and lots of practice! I had the same problem with the darn creases and than the more cakes I covered the less stress and anxiety and vola.... I think I got the hang of it. Just don't give up and if you want to throw the cake across the room... step back and take a "time out." oh ya.... most importantly.... have fun!

Someonesmommy Posted 5 Jan 2009 , 4:46pm
post #6 of 7

Sugarshack..or anyone that can tell me, where can I buy the videos that everyone keeps talking about? They seem to have helped so many people and I need all the fondant help I can get! LOL

sugarshack Posted 5 Jan 2009 , 6:05pm
post #7 of 7

www.sugaredproductions.com

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%