Seeking Suggestions On Items With Long Shelf Life

Business By vickster Updated 5 Jan 2009 , 4:52am by vickster

vickster Posted 5 Jan 2009 , 1:22am
post #1 of 4

Up until now I've only been keeping a few dozen cupcakes on hand for walk in customers. But, I'd like to start having a little more variety. I'm looking for some items with a good shelf life to minimize toss outs. any help would be appreciated.

3 replies
alliebear Posted 5 Jan 2009 , 1:28am
post #2 of 4

well what some places do is make things like cookies, scones muffins etc in advance and then freeze the unbaked product and then just bake it off as needed. it minimizes your waste and lets u bake what u need when u need. so if u run out of cookies u have some to spare that u just pop in the oven and bake.

vixterfsu Posted 5 Jan 2009 , 1:38am
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by alliebear

well what some places do is make things like cookies, scones muffins etc in advance and then freeze the unbaked product and then just bake it off as needed. it minimizes your waste and lets u bake what u need when u need. so if u run out of cookies u have some to spare that u just pop in the oven and bake.

A great idea. Also, if you have any leftovers, you can donate to your local soup kitchen. RIGHT OFF!

vickster Posted 5 Jan 2009 , 4:52am
post #4 of 4

Yes, there's a shelter just a couple of blocks from me for families that have lost their home.
So far, I'm doing a few cookies, chocolate chip, peanut butter with a hershey kiss and regular peanut butter. Then pretzels with white chocolate and sprinkles and I'm planning on doing the "haystack" cookie, the chcolate cookie with chinese noodles and peanuts. I was thinking about a brownie. When I was a kid, our local bakery did a brownie that had a thin layer of mint on top of it and then a layer of chocolate on top of that. Looking back I guess a chocolate ganache. I loved those! I was also thinking of doing some gingerbread men. I have a vacuum sealer that I thought I would wrap those with. I just have to figure out how to use it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%