Probs W/cupcake Boxes From Brpboxshop.com

Decorating By tuffstuff Updated 5 Jan 2009 , 10:42pm by tuffstuff

tuffstuff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tuffstuff Posted 4 Jan 2009 , 9:37pm
post #1 of 5

I've got a problem - I bought 100 of the cupcake boxes with inserts to hold them down from brpboxshop.com. My cupcakes are sliding around underneath the insert and getting ruined. If any of you use these boxes, what kind of cupcake liner and pans do you use?
I already spoke with a guy from the company and he was like "yeah, some people have the problem - try filling the cupcakes with more batter." So I tested that out and it didn't really solve the problem. The only cupcakes that work ok are the ones with sort of "lip" over the liner. If they come out tall and puffy, they are still wiggly inside the insert. He said they are supposed fit snugly.
Grrr... I don't know what to do with these boxes now. Anyone have experiences with this?

4 replies
sugarwishes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarwishes Posted 4 Jan 2009 , 11:45pm
post #2 of 5

I've never tried these boxes, but when you called will he let you return them or exchange them? especially since other people have had complaints. sorry i can't be of any help.

ZAKIA6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ZAKIA6 Posted 5 Jan 2009 , 12:05am
post #3 of 5

i have had this problem w/the wilton inserts.
i have a whole box of the brp inserts..now im wondering what to do. :0

i work near a crumbs bakery and i they use these to pack their cupcakes
http://www.plasticcontainercity.com/Cupcake-Containers-Muffins.htm?gclid=CMeLrK6Q9pcCFQJ2xgod4gT3cg

im thinking about getting these

TTran Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TTran Posted 5 Jan 2009 , 12:07am
post #4 of 5

tuffstuff, try putting a rubber shelf liner in before you put the cupcakes in the box. They won't slide at all. I also use one under the box in my car when transporting cakes. I never have a problem with them sliding around.

tuffstuff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tuffstuff Posted 5 Jan 2009 , 10:42pm
post #5 of 5

TTran!!! Great idea! I will try that! I don't know why I didn't think of that before - I use that liner stuff for transporting cakes but didn't think of using it under the actual cupcakes inside the box.
Thanks!
And ZAKIA6, thanks for that link! Once I get through the rest of these boxes (in 6 years? icon_razz.gif ) , I would much prefer that style of container!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%