Cupcake Liners...how To Use Them (I Know Sounds A Lil Crazy)

Baking By sugarwishes Updated 13 Jan 2009 , 1:45pm by adonisthegreek1

sugarwishes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarwishes Posted 4 Jan 2009 , 5:37pm
post #1 of 8

I love all of the pretty decorative cupcake liners, but how in the world do you get them to look nice????? Every time I have baked cupcakes using them, they never show up. They always look like very dark, like they were covered in oil or grease!!!

I've seen some photos of other cupcakes on here where they look perfect. I don't want to always use the foil liners (as pretty as they are) so are there any suggestions??????? PLEASE!!!

7 replies
peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 4 Jan 2009 , 9:09pm
post #2 of 8

just bake in plain white liners and when the cake is cooled slip the fancy one on over the plain one.

Homemade-Goodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Homemade-Goodies Posted 5 Jan 2009 , 5:31pm
post #3 of 8

Do you then have to always have 2 liners on your cupcakes?? I just did that this weekend for a cupcake cake, and I thought it kind of looked a bit sloppy with the second/outside liner not being snug against the cake. I wish the Wilton cups were greaseproof - they are the only ones making cute patterns.

EyeCandy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EyeCandy Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 3:12am
post #4 of 8

I have never had a problem with paper liners, I just baked some the other day in some pretty ones covered in little cupcake designs. No grease problems like you're describing. Maybe it depends on the brand/quality you buy? Mine are from Wilton, I haven't tried anything else yet. Good luck!

t00precious Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
t00precious Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 12:49pm
post #5 of 8

Ladies, I have seen on here and have seen websites, where someone made really nice cupcake linerws. I am sure they were applied after the cake was baked, but does anyone here know how to make your own. I really want to try for my DD 5th Birthday. It's a princess theme and I really want something special. Please help

linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 1:11pm
post #6 of 8

Here is a link to where Alamosweets discusses how she makes these wrappers. I used wilton doilies, cut the lacey part off and cut it into thirds, used double sided tape to put them together. They looked terrific. You can get thirty wrappers out of a package of 10 doilies, so they are relatively cheap. HTH

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=592105&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 1:28pm
post #7 of 8

I have the same problem, so now I just use the silver foil only

adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 1:45pm
post #8 of 8

If you use dark coated cupcake pans or if you have the lighter ones and set one cupcake pan inside the other then place your decorated liners inside the pans, fill and bake you should see a huge difference. I hope this works for you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%