Drying Fondant Panels

Decorating By coldtropics Updated 5 Jan 2009 , 2:46pm by mamacc

coldtropics Posted 4 Jan 2009 , 4:14pm
post #1 of 6

How does everyone dry their panels and other misc. gumpaste /fondant panels? If i use parchment, the pieces always wrinkle. What nonstick surface do you all recommend?

thanks

5 replies
Cakechick123 Posted 4 Jan 2009 , 4:40pm
post #2 of 6

I use a non stick cutting board, one of my friends uses a non stick place mat. You can use any surface as long as it is smooth. If its not non-stick, just dust it well with some corn starch. Remember to turn the pieces over once or twice a day until dry.
HTH!

DianeLM Posted 4 Jan 2009 , 5:46pm
post #3 of 6

I use foam sponge (found in the chair cushion section of the craft or fabric store). The fondant/gumpaste gets air circulation from both sides, so no need to turn anything over. Added bonus is things dry a lot quicker! And nothing sticks.

sugarshack Posted 5 Jan 2009 , 1:47am
post #4 of 6

i use cake drums dusted with cornstarch

coldtropics Posted 5 Jan 2009 , 8:20am
post #5 of 6

thanks everyone!!

mamacc Posted 5 Jan 2009 , 2:46pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeLM

I use foam sponge (found in the chair cushion section of the craft or fabric store). The fondant/gumpaste gets air circulation from both sides, so no need to turn anything over. Added bonus is things dry a lot quicker! And nothing sticks.

That's a good idea Diane! I think I'm going to buy some... I usually use a piece of foam core or the back of a cake pan. It doesn't wrinkle on those, but it does stick if you don't use enough sugar underneath the piece.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%