Pricing Help!!! Please Asap!!!

Decorating By rvercher23 Updated 4 Jan 2009 , 5:41pm by -K8memphis

rvercher23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rvercher23 Posted 4 Jan 2009 , 5:02am
post #1 of 8

I had a girl ask me about this cake I just made, and she wants to order one for her second wedding. It is just going to be a 6 and a 10 inch cake, but there is alot of fondant and gumpaste roses. Here is the pic. Tell me what you think the pricing should be. I am usually straight forward about my pricing, but I seem to not be charging enough. I was going to tell her 250.00 Is that too much or is that ok?
LL

7 replies
rvercher23 Posted 4 Jan 2009 , 5:16am
post #2 of 8

ANY TAKERS!!!! PLEASE!!!

cakesdelight Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdelight Posted 4 Jan 2009 , 5:24am
post #3 of 8

That price sounds just right! By the way that cake is BEAUTIFUL! Well Done! thumbs_up.gif

coffeechick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coffeechick Posted 4 Jan 2009 , 5:32am
post #4 of 8

$250.00 sounds good I would maybe go $300.00. Cake is beautiful. Dont forget to add in delivery.

rvercher23 Posted 4 Jan 2009 , 5:35am
post #5 of 8

Thanks! I sent her an e-mail so hopefully she will respond. She will be picking the cake up and driving it to Louisana, so no delivery for me!

cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 4 Jan 2009 , 2:59pm
post #6 of 8

Makes sure she signs a waiver that since she is picking up her own cake that once it leaves your home it is no longer your responsibility. So if anything happens to the cake, you cannot be held liable.

dlinnane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dlinnane Posted 4 Jan 2009 , 4:01pm
post #7 of 8

I think your price is perfect - and the cake is beautiful!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 4 Jan 2009 , 5:41pm
post #8 of 8

So you're charging $5 a serving give a take a few.

I think that doesn't quite take into account all the pleating.

Y'know I'm with coffeechick. I think the $5 per can kind of take into account the decor, the poofy base board and the topper but I'd up it myself for all that fondant used and the extra work. Wouldn't you?

I mean out of the additional $50 that Coffeechick recommended how much of that will go toward the actual purchasing of the fondant and how much will go toward expertise. So once you think it through, I don't think $350 is too much.

But I think $250 is respectable and $350 is not out of the question at all.

And does that pleat have an ecru border? <faint> Killer!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%