On Sale, All Out Of Stock!?!

Business By Melvira Updated 4 Jan 2009 , 9:48pm by all4cake

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 4 Jan 2009 , 6:56pm
post #31 of 47

Thanks guys, I was really starting to feel bad for having said anything in the first place. (It's just been one of those weekends...) Anyone who has seen one of the posts where I talk about a company specifically by name knows that usually it's me telling people that they MUST buy something from a certain place because of how awesome they are!

And, poor Sam... I had no idea she had to defend herself. That is not a fun place to be. That's why I don't like pointing fingers and using names until all other efforts have failed. I haven't filed any sort of 'complaint' or anything to the company. If they get more things in stock before the end of the sale, I'll order, if not... well, I guess I just won't. thumbs_up.gif

Melvira Posted 4 Jan 2009 , 7:06pm
post #32 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme50

Everyone knows the site we're talking about and I think it's a shame to trash a trustworthy store just because an item you want to buy is out of stock.

NO, everyone does NOT know who I am speaking of. Even some who think they do could easily be wrong. I am not trashing them. I am asking for other people to tell me their thoughts about this situation, not to join me in a witch hunt. If I wanted to trash them, I would've started a thread called, "Don't buy from XYZ company!" and said a lot of really crappy things. You might've missed that I didn't do that, so I simply want to bring that to your attention. I appreciate your opinion of the company, it's good to know that they've been very trustworthy and that I can order from them with confidence.

bizatchgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bizatchgirl Posted 4 Jan 2009 , 7:18pm
post #33 of 47

Being someone who didn't get the mailer, I have ABSOLUTELY no idea who you are talking about. And if people are truly all talking about the same company, some have had good experiences and some have had bad experiences. Just like we could find if we were discussng ANY company.

Melvira's one bad experience wouldn't stop me from ordering from said company and forming my own opinions.

I think, really, for someone who avoids posting due to the attacks and mob mentality, your host was pretty harsh. Especially considering that Melvira has already said that maybe she was a little emotional when she posted, and has already said that in no way was she trying to start a witch hunt.

korensmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korensmommy Posted 4 Jan 2009 , 7:25pm
post #34 of 47

Melvira,
I received the same e-mail so I know I am talking about the same on-line store.
Did you e-mail customer service? I bought a Magic Line pan from them that turned out to be defective. No problem here, things like that happen, so I e-mailed them.
It's been a year now and I have not heard back from them despite my many, many e-mails.
I'm hoping you have more success and find a contact person I can use. I would like to give them the benefit of the doubt and say my e-mails went into their junk mail folder but after a year I start to wonder.....

justme50 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justme50 Posted 4 Jan 2009 , 7:26pm
post #35 of 47
Quote:
Quote:

I think, really, for someone who avoids posting due to the attacks and mob mentality, your host was pretty harsh

I didn't name names either and my post was not specifically addressed to any one person so please don't take it as though I was going after her.

She's right, not "everyone" knows, but enough do and I'm sure the pms are flying informing anyone who cares to ask the name.

Frankly I hope it doesn't get out...It's great sale they're having and I'd hate to see the stock completely depleted from a rush. When I can get 20 lbs satinice for under $50 with shipping, I am one happy camper!

Melvira Posted 4 Jan 2009 , 7:29pm
post #36 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme50

When I can get 20 lbs satinice for under $50 with shipping, I am one happy camper!

Hey, I'll second that! That is a good deal. I did find that they had a bunch of fondant that I wanted, so I am definitely going to order that. I will save some money there.

nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 4 Jan 2009 , 7:33pm
post #37 of 47

Seriously, when I read this post my first thought was "been there, done that". I've had the same thing happen to me, but not with this company. I didn't read it as if she was trying to bash the company, but as if she was frustrated that everything worth buying was sold out. It's so sad that someone can't vent their frustration without someone getting their panties in a bunch. She didn't say the company, I personally have no idea which company it is. So take a deep breath, get your panties out of a wad and relax! Sorry about being so rude, but it's really starting to get on my nerves. Some people really need to relax (like me right now icon_biggrin.gif )

Jazz2U Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jazz2U Posted 4 Jan 2009 , 7:40pm
post #38 of 47

I just looked at my wish list there and they are only out of 1 of my 11 items. I was looking at the pans list & they have a lot to offer. It seems like they are out of the Magic Line mostly. I would imagine that they have a minimum order to place with the manufacturers/distributors so they can't replace ones as they run out of maybe? I've always been happy with their service & was thrilled to get 25% off!!! I really don't want to spend the money this month but I can't pass up a bargain! That other company that I got an email from isn't discounting their fondant where this one does.

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 4 Jan 2009 , 7:48pm
post #39 of 47

I don't even know which company she is talking about either, and I racked my brains trying to find out, not because of what Mel said, which I do not think is trashing but because I just wanted to know what they had on sale. Anywho, I think the only people who knew or think they knew were the people who got their emails, and I think that this is a good place to vent, as long as you are not trashing someone or someplace.

So people be easy and do not take things so seriously.

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 4 Jan 2009 , 8:20pm
post #40 of 47

It's not bashing as you did not "out" the company. My issue is that no one has made an attempt to answer my email to say "oops, sorry."

I will say that the shipping was extremely fast and I received ALL of my order Friday (ordered on the Dec. 26th and received on Jan. 2nd--very fast considering the holiday).

I guess sometimes it's just the luck of the draw with orders...I have not had any issues with another company that alot of CC members bashed in the past and I continue to order from them. I guess I will lick my wounds on this order/company and give them another try when I need something.

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 4 Jan 2009 , 8:46pm
post #41 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

Thanks guys, I was really starting to feel bad for having said anything in the first place. (It's just been one of those weekends...)

Please don't feel bad for posting, you have a right to seek out opinions. You haven't at all seemed like you were trashing the company and I honestly have no idea which company you are referring to - wish I did have access to their newsletter, I'd actually like to check out the 25% off sale even if it is slim pickings. Hope what's left of your weekend gets better for you.

aligotmatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aligotmatt Posted 4 Jan 2009 , 8:48pm
post #42 of 47

Okay, because I LOVE a good sale and needed comma pans, I did it. They were all in stock, but I still was required to put in my gender to place my order!!

2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 4 Jan 2009 , 8:53pm
post #43 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerGirlMN

Out the scamming bastards!!!

you shouldnt speak if you dont know what your talking about and to jump in and just stir the pot of trouble is worse than what intotheoven had been accused of.

And just for the record I am on there everyday multi times and some of those items you guys have referred to as being not in stock wasnt a ploy.
Some items they have been slow on getting back into stock for awhile..economy has hit us all. So as much I respect all of you I ask that you stop name calling and being mean spirited and jumping on the bandwagon for the sake of it. I am not apologetic about anything I have stated and if you are offended.......as they say, if the apron fits, wear it.

2sdae Posted 4 Jan 2009 , 9:16pm
post #44 of 47

I love melvira and highly respect her my disgust is not at her for posting this, as she feels she wanted to and had an issue. But to jump on them like a pack of dogs to tear what is an AWESOME co. to shreds and just get into useless slander is ridiculous. The snarkiness of people on CC has become legendary and is equal only to the talent on here too. We have an awesome community on here and the potential just keeps growing, so leave so much negativity and mob mentality out of it please!

2sdae Posted 4 Jan 2009 , 9:21pm
post #45 of 47

It's also quite rude to post their codes on a public forum as these sells are sent to you only if you are a member of their forums or sign up for their newsletters.

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 4 Jan 2009 , 9:34pm
post #46 of 47

I've ordered from there several times and have had no problems at all. Of the items on my current wish list, only one item was out of stock.

Regarding Magic Line pans being out of stock, I started noticing that around November. I wanted to order some square Magic Line pans and several online stores were out of stock. In fact, I began to get concerned about it so I ordered them about 6 weeks before I was going to need them and even before the order was confirmed.

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 4 Jan 2009 , 9:48pm
post #47 of 47

To clear the incidentS of which I spoke...I don't have a problem with a site/company being out of something when I order..ESPECIALLY when it's clearly noted on the site that that item is out of stock...np, I'll just get it another time. It's when things that are out being declared out and leaving one to assume that if it isn't noted/declared to be out then that item is 'in' and ordering the item(s) that were assumed to be in because it wasn't declared as other items were to be out. Then receiving the package without those items....and NO notation on the invoice stating that the item was OOS and upon contacting the company they inform me the item(s) are OOS(like helloooooo why did I order them if they were OOS...dummy me). They did credit my account...but the matter was not addressed until AFTER I contacted them. I reckon I had gotten accustomed to the courteous email "regarding a recent order....after your order had been processed we realized some items were not available. your account will be credited for those items. It usually takes about 5 business days for the credit to show up on your account. we apologize for any inconvenience."

I, like so many of you, know S&^+ HAPPENS. but daggum...if you didn't send the entire shipment(this happened multiple times), clue in the customer that you know the situation and you got it under control...don't wait for the customer to inform you...that just leads the customer(this one anyway)to think had I not said something, I would've been out the money and the items.

They did make the monetary portion of my issues good but it was more than that ...it was how it was all handled.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%