Icing Eyes.....mission Impossible

Decorating By 3GCakes Updated 3 Jan 2009 , 10:03pm by KathysCC

3GCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3GCakes Posted 3 Jan 2009 , 9:28pm
post #1 of 4

Well, I made the Wilton Pan Disney Princess cake for my 2-year-old and it all looked pretty good....except for the dang eyes! (and the mouth a little...but the eyes were just NOT GOOD)

Anyone have any tips on making the eyes? I did an outline in flesh tone at first, then tried to fill in...and then I had to use a lot of eyelashes to try and make them more human. It looked very bad.

Anyone have any brilliant EYE--DEAS? (Ideas)??

3 replies
erikamj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erikamj Posted 3 Jan 2009 , 9:34pm
post #2 of 4

I hear ya on the eye problems. I can never get them to be the same size. I am curious to see what others have to say.

bizatchgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bizatchgirl Posted 3 Jan 2009 , 9:39pm
post #3 of 4

Look through cupcake pics. Someone did some (halloween, maybe) that are just eyes. Not the creepy, bloodshot halloween type eyeballs, but very, very real looking eyes. They were beautiful and very impressive.

I would try searching for them for you but search doesn't work on my home comp for some reason. icon_cry.gif

KathysCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathysCC Posted 3 Jan 2009 , 10:03pm
post #4 of 4

I hear you and truly sympathize. I have made two Cinderella cakes and spent hours on the eyes. I tried to copy the picture that came with the pan exactly. I still thought they were awful when I was done and will never, ever make another cake from this pan. To be honest, I've seen this cake posted many many times here on CC and I don't think anyone can nail the eyes.

Now I have found that on other cakes like Sponge Bob and Dora, it was easier to use fondant (on top the buttercream) for the eyes. Maybe that would work. I never tried that with Cinderella.

I'm sorry I can't help but maybe this will make you feel better. I think it might be a lost cause. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Poor Cinderelly! icon_lol.gif

Here is my last Cinderella cake made about 4 years ago. Creepy eyes!!! icon_eek.gif
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%