My Mothers 50Th Birthday, I Need Ideas On A Cake!

Decorating By BakerzJoy Updated 3 Jan 2009 , 10:22pm by MaloSlatko

BakerzJoy Posted 3 Jan 2009 , 9:00pm
post #1 of 4

Okay, we all know how important our mothers are and they only have one 50th birthday. Well, here I am brainstorming about ideas for a cake and I don't know where to start.
1st of all, I would never do an over the hill kinda cake.
2nd, she is not frilly or old fashioned either.
Maybe something different, beautiful and has a really amazing WOW factor. It could be any shape, height or length.
Maybe something to feed about 25 people. It's on February 15th, so I don't have alot of time.
HELP!! Anyone, with ideas??

3 replies
indydebi Posted 3 Jan 2009 , 9:14pm
post #2 of 4

My 50th is in a couple of weeks. (I'll be spending it with 100+ college guys ... don't you all feel bad for me? icon_rolleyes.gif )

I DETEST over the hill cakes because as I get older, I get DANG BETTER!! icon_biggrin.gif So my cake will be 3-tiers, in gold and purple colors, with feathers and mardi gras masks all over it. I'm serving it as dessert on the Saturday night dinner I'm making for them. And I'm buying a big boa for me to where as I serve the cake!!!!

This is the 3rd year I'm working with this fraternity so I'm very happy to spend my 50th with them!

katwomen1up Posted 3 Jan 2009 , 10:06pm
post #3 of 4

I wish I could help, but I am also looking for ideas for my 50th this coming Friday, I want to do something pretty and elegant. Only doing a 9" square

Happy early Birthday Indydebi icon_biggrin.gif

MaloSlatko Posted 3 Jan 2009 , 10:22pm
post #4 of 4

How about a chocolate cake iced in dark chocolate ganache then decorated with a 'sprinkling' of red or dark pink rose petals. I am planning to make this one for my wonderful sister in-law's 50th in March.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%