My Mothers 50Th Birthday, I Need Ideas On A Cake!

Decorating By BakerzJoy Updated 3 Jan 2009 , 10:22pm by MaloSlatko

BakerzJoy  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakerzJoy Posted 3 Jan 2009 , 9:00pm
post #1 of 4

Okay, we all know how important our mothers are and they only have one 50th birthday. Well, here I am brainstorming about ideas for a cake and I don't know where to start.
1st of all, I would never do an over the hill kinda cake.
2nd, she is not frilly or old fashioned either.
Maybe something different, beautiful and has a really amazing WOW factor. It could be any shape, height or length.
Maybe something to feed about 25 people. It's on February 15th, so I don't have alot of time.
HELP!! Anyone, with ideas??

3 replies
 indydebi  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 3 Jan 2009 , 9:14pm
post #2 of 4

My 50th is in a couple of weeks. (I'll be spending it with 100+ college guys ... don't you all feel bad for me? icon_rolleyes.gif )

I DETEST over the hill cakes because as I get older, I get DANG BETTER!! icon_biggrin.gif So my cake will be 3-tiers, in gold and purple colors, with feathers and mardi gras masks all over it. I'm serving it as dessert on the Saturday night dinner I'm making for them. And I'm buying a big boa for me to where as I serve the cake!!!!

This is the 3rd year I'm working with this fraternity so I'm very happy to spend my 50th with them!

katwomen1up  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katwomen1up Posted 3 Jan 2009 , 10:06pm
post #3 of 4

I wish I could help, but I am also looking for ideas for my 50th this coming Friday, I want to do something pretty and elegant. Only doing a 9" square

Happy early Birthday Indydebi icon_biggrin.gif

MaloSlatko  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaloSlatko Posted 3 Jan 2009 , 10:22pm
post #4 of 4

How about a chocolate cake iced in dark chocolate ganache then decorated with a 'sprinkling' of red or dark pink rose petals. I am planning to make this one for my wonderful sister in-law's 50th in March.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%