Practicing Making Roses With Canned Icing On A Rainy Day!

Decorating By ddaigle Updated 3 Jan 2009 , 8:00pm by tonedna

ddaigle Posted 3 Jan 2009 , 6:39pm
post #1 of 6

I have a huge fear of buttercream roses. icon_mad.gif I have watched 3 million youtube videos just to get obsessed with it. It is raining, I don't have any cakes to bake, so I went to the store and bought a can of that yukky icing. I have sat down all morning and just made rose after rose after rose. If I didn't like the way it turned out, I just scraped it back in the can. I have actually made roses my friend! Practice, practice, practice! icon_biggrin.gif

5 replies
katwomen1up Posted 3 Jan 2009 , 7:18pm
post #2 of 6

Good for you! icon_biggrin.gif I should be practicing too...I have plenty left over that needs to be thrown out from a couple of months ago. Been too. busy to do anything with it so I guess I could go practice. I'm surprised you can do that from store bought, now you can work with anything. thumbs_up.gif

tonedna Posted 3 Jan 2009 , 7:30pm
post #3 of 6

Thats what I keep saying!..Practice, practice, practice!!
Edna icon_smile.gif

ddaigle Posted 3 Jan 2009 , 7:40pm
post #4 of 6

Well, store bought is quite challenging.....not to mention I bought Cream Cheese Icing in the can. It's too soft. But I figure if I can fight through the canned icing, it will be a breeze when I use my own.

cheeseball Posted 3 Jan 2009 , 7:53pm
post #5 of 6

Rainy/humid day and super soft icing? You have got to be a sucker for punishment icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

tonedna Posted 3 Jan 2009 , 8:00pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeseball

Rainy/humid day and super soft icing? You have got to be a sucker for punishment icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

lmao

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%