Pineapple Filling?

Baking By plbennett_8 Updated 3 Jan 2009 , 10:09pm by morgnscakes

plbennett_8 Posted 3 Jan 2009 , 4:54pm
post #1 of 7

Hey All icon_smile.gif

I have a wedding cake in a couple of weeks, and they want pineapple filling for the 6" square only... I hate to go buy a whole sleeve of pineapple filling and the rest go to waste. Does anybody have a recipe that is like the sleeved, but that can be made in smaller amounts. Pinching penny's...till they Holler! icon_rolleyes.gif

Thanks,
Pat B.

6 replies
korensmommy Posted 3 Jan 2009 , 5:03pm
post #2 of 7

I just mix some good quality pineapple jam with my buttercream and everyone loves it.

I'm down in Lafayette--where are you?

teenteen Posted 3 Jan 2009 , 5:12pm
post #3 of 7

2 c. canned crushed pineapple
1/2 c. sugar
2 Tbsp. cornstarch

Cook on med-hi heat in sauce pan until thickened. (About 5 min)

plbennett_8 Posted 3 Jan 2009 , 7:40pm
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by korensmommy

I'm down in Lafayette--where are you?

I'm a little north of Baton Rouge icon_smile.gif I was looking at the store and could not find any pineapple jam... I had thought of using it straight like you can strawberry. icon_smile.gif I do like the thought of pineapple cream!

I thought you might could make it by thickening crushed pineapple... That sounds like what I'm looking for teenteen. icon_smile.gif

Anybody else make their own?

Thanks! icon_smile.gif
Pat B.

jibbies Posted 3 Jan 2009 , 7:51pm
post #5 of 7

The small jar of Smuckers pineapple ice cream topping might be exactly what you need.

Jibbies

korensmommy Posted 3 Jan 2009 , 8:44pm
post #6 of 7

Do you have an Albertsons by you? That's the only store I can find it by me.

morgnscakes Posted 3 Jan 2009 , 10:09pm
post #7 of 7

We use a variety of pineapple fillings. We have a pineapple filling something close to teenteen, a pineapple curd and a pineapple buttercream (we mix our pineapple curd into the buttercream). If the bride chooses the pineapple buttercream, we give the option of putting crushed pineapple in it or not.

Pineapple filling:
1 (20 oz) can crushed pineapple--do not drain
2/3 cup sugar
3 tbsp butter
3-4 tbsp all-purpose flour
pinch of salt

Combine ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a gentle boil. Reduce the heat to maintain a gentle simmer and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring often, until everything comes together into a thick sauce. Remove from heat and cool to room temp.

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%