Edible Ink

Decorating By Traci9130 Updated 12 Jan 2009 , 1:48am by RosieC

Traci9130 Posted 3 Jan 2009 , 1:35am
post #1 of 3

Hi...I might be in the wrong forum, I'm not sure, but can anyone tell me the difference between wafer paper and an incing sheet??? Also, I would LOVE to start putting pictures on my cakes, is there a printer and ink out there that are the best? I will take any recommendations that anyone has.

2 replies
ddaigle Posted 3 Jan 2009 , 3:23am
post #2 of 3

Not sure about wafer paper, but I do put icing sheets in my printer. I did a lot of web surfing and also here on CC. Not all printers are compatible with the edible inks. I bought my ink from KopyKake. I think they have the list of compatible printers there too that we printed up and took with us to Office Depot. Just make sure your new printer is compatible with your computer programs (Vista). We bought a $60 Epson printer from Office Depot and we get the icing sheets also from KopyKake. I have only made a few cakes using the icing sheets, as I just started this cake decorating venture in October. Hope this helps.

RosieC Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 1:48am
post #3 of 3

Wafer paper is really thin and did not work well with my EI printer...Epson NX400. The icing sheets work very well. My icing sheets are Kopykake brand and they work very well with the printer. We ordered these and the printer ink from Walkers online sales.

Quote by @%username% on %date%