Request For Twin Girls 13 Bday Cake. Please Help!

Decorating By blmart Updated 9 Jan 2009 , 2:19am by blmart

blmart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blmart Posted 3 Jan 2009 , 12:56am
post #1 of 5

Ok so i am relatively new to cake decorating. It started with my two year olds first bday cake and i've taught myself everything i do know. My sister in law has twin girls who will be turning 13 this month. She has requested that i make their cake. The problem is this. One girl is very outgoing, sorta a tomboy and has requested a camoflauged cake. The second girl is very shy and proper and girly. So she wants a girly cake. But my sis in law wants just one cake. I know i have seen a picture of a two tier cake with this idea in mind, but now that i need a good idea for it i can't seem to find it. Does anyone have some ideas that they might not mind sharing with me or pics for me to look at. I am a visual person. And i feel more confident in my abilities if i can look at something and and have a visual picture of what i want to do instead of just pulling it out of my hat. I know there are some very talented and creative people on this forum and i beg of you.... PLEASE HELP!

Thank you!

4 replies
cakebaker1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beth2027 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beth2027 Posted 3 Jan 2009 , 8:15pm
post #3 of 5

Well, if you did a 3 layer cake with pink camo on one layer and pink frilly girl stuff (fondant purses, make-up, ribbons, bows, etc) on the other layer, it would match and both girls would bet what they want.
Or, you could just go completly out of the box and do something in purple or blue or teal and hope you find a happy medium.
Have you asked mom what she wants?

melysa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melysa Posted 3 Jan 2009 , 8:40pm
post #4 of 5

i was also going to suggest the one like cakesbyallison- that is a perfect balance. both girly (the pink) and tomboyish (camo).

http://www.cakecentral.com/mod.....&pid=27341

blmart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blmart Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 2:19am
post #5 of 5

Just wanted to thank all of you for your great ideas. I had been playing around with ideas along the same lines and just couldn't make them work in my head. I finally just started looking thru the cake gallery and about 200 pages in i found an awesome cake. Can't even tell you who posted the pic but i thank them cause it was such a stinkin cute idea. Her original cake is a 2 tier zebra print with pink icing and ribbons and flowers. I'm going to make it camo and purple ( i think ) i have creative control over the cake since it's my nieces. So now i just have to find all the jazzy ribbons and flowers and FEATHERS! Thanks again for all the ideas.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%