Cake Doctor Question

Decorating By lolobell Updated 6 Jan 2009 , 5:42am by JanH

lolobell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lolobell Posted 2 Jan 2009 , 9:35pm
post #1 of 2

Hi once again!!!!! My friends here at CC have been nothing but help and more help lately! You guys are the best! Therefore, I have another question.

I just received my copy of "cake doctor" that so many of you recc. I get! And I went right to work on my Mom's 80th birthday cake for Sunday's party. I am making the Chocolate/Almond cake...The recipe says to store in the frig. My guess is because it has buttermilk in it. I really hate keeping my iced and decorated cakes in the frig.......do you really think I have to????????????????? Would it be fine once decorated to leave on the counter over night until the party??? Thanks!!!

Marianne

1 reply
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 6 Jan 2009 , 5:42am
post #2 of 2

Using milk or buttermilk, eggs, sour cream, etc. in the cake batter doesn't necessitate the refrigeration of the baked cake.

However, if you frost (the deeply chocolate cake with almond) using the chocolate cream cheese frosting (also from the CMD) you will need to refrigerate the cake. (But only because the frosting is perishable.)

If you use a shelf-stable frosting (American b/c) your cake won't require refrigeration. icon_smile.gif

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%