Need Ideas For Itsy Bitsy Spider Themed Cake

Decorating By lucy04 Updated 2 Jan 2009 , 7:52pm by aztomcat

lucy04 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lucy04 Posted 2 Jan 2009 , 7:30pm
post #1 of 2

i'm trying to figure out the best way to create a cke for itsy bitsy spider. maybe a water spout...need some help! thanks!!! thumbs_up.gif

1 reply
aztomcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aztomcat Posted 2 Jan 2009 , 7:52pm
post #2 of 2

First have you ever heard this verse.........

The itsy bitsy spider crawled up the birthday cake, he ate up all the frosting, and got a tummy ache, and when they brought the ice cream, he ate even more, and the itsy bitsy spider fell sick upon the floor. They took him to the doctor because he felt so bad, it was the worst tummy ache that he ever had, and when they brought the medicine it was WAY TOO SWEET, just a drink of water would be a great big treat,so the itsy bitsy spider crawled up the water spout, down came the rain......(regular rhyme)

I think you can use a 4 inch pan and make a tall spout.....cylinder of 6 or so stacked, use another carved or make a fondant cylinder opening with a cute itsy bitsy spider coming out. You could also carve some styrofoam and cover with fondant and do the same thing. It can all be on top of a cake which simulates the ground with grass and flowers and of course some clouds with rain and the sun coming out. I think its a great idea.

Another idea might be a really cute spider sitting on top of a cake with holding an umbrella with a sun on a wire and clouds and rain on wires. the cake could have a spout going down the side of the cake with water coming out. Or maybe even a little house on top with the spout going down the side and tiny spider sitting on top holding an umbrella.

Let me know when its done. It could be so very cute.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%