Rolled Buttercream

Lounge By searge Updated 2 Jan 2009 , 8:17am by JanH

searge Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
searge Posted 2 Jan 2009 , 1:49am
post #1 of 4

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!
I've read many posts on RBC but have not had the nerve to try it yet. Got a few questions. Are you using it in place of fondant on your cookies prior to decorating(made the cream cheese fondant once and it turned out o.k. for a first try) icon_biggrin.gif Also how do you attach to your cookies, can it be piped over and can you use it on cookies made for a bouquet? Also compared to flooding, spreading, outlining etc,,,,how does it compare in the time department? I'd really like to get even close to some of the wonderful work I've seen here but am still a bit green. I guess I'm pushing it, but I really need to get accomplished enough in a short period of time to make a bit of money on some bouquets and cookies.
Lots of medical bills to pay,,,any help would be truly appreciated.
God Bless each of you in this New Year and beyond!!
"searge" icon_rolleyes.gificon_eek.gificon_cool.gificon_smile.gif don't you just love these little guys? icon_smile.gif

3 replies
MnSnow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MnSnow Posted 2 Jan 2009 , 4:33am
post #2 of 4

I absolutely love using RBC! It isn't as firm as MMF and not as soft as BC. You can mold it to any form you wish and yet still roll it out and use cuttters on it.

I actually prefer it on cookies instead of MMF. You can add decorations to it after it crusts up.

You can not pipe RBC..it's too stiff for a piping bag. Use it similar to cookie cutters

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 2 Jan 2009 , 7:59am
post #3 of 4

Everything you ever wanted to know about RBC:
(Includes recipes not found in CC recipes section.)

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-221681-.html

HTH

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 2 Jan 2009 , 8:17am
post #4 of 4

Everything you ever wanted to know about RBC:
(Includes recipes not found in CC recipes section.)

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-221681-.html

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%