Need Awesome Red Velvet Recipe

Baking By mandy711 Updated 20 Jan 2009 , 5:56am by Chef_Stef

mandy711 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandy711 Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 8:37pm
post #1 of 9

I need the best ever red velvet recipe....please help!!

8 replies
barbaranoel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
barbaranoel Posted 2 Jan 2009 , 12:09am
post #2 of 9

http://www.cakemanraven.com/recipe.htm

This is my all time favorite red velvet recipe. I love the icing and since I've found this recipe, I make the cake for any reason I can make up icon_biggrin.gif

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 2 Jan 2009 , 12:20am
post #3 of 9

I was going to give you the same name, everyone says his is the BEST!!!

FeGe_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FeGe_Cakes Posted 2 Jan 2009 , 12:24am
post #4 of 9

I have been looking for a good one also. Thanks barbaranoel.

mbpbrighteyes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbpbrighteyes Posted 2 Jan 2009 , 12:34am
post #5 of 9

I just tried red velvet this weekend using the WASC recipe and it turned out great-used the red velvet cake mix and then substituted out part of the flour for cocoa powder and added some additional red food coloring to the water in the recipe!

cosmogurl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cosmogurl Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 3:50pm
post #6 of 9

Have you ever topped with something other than cream cheese frosting?
I was asked to make something for a shop who wants the cake to represent her salon. Which colors are red and black. So my idea was red velvet cake(for the red) and covering in ganache because I want to make a bunch of small cakes instead of one large. How do you think that would taste?

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 5:22am
post #7 of 9

That would be mine! icon_smile.gif

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-3463-7-Promises-Red-Velvet-Cake.html

I have used white chocolate buttercream to ice RV. Very good combo.

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 5:42am
post #8 of 9

My all time fav & it's always moist & gets great reviews.

Quick Red Velvet Cake

1 pkg German Chocolate Cake Mix W/ Pudding
1 C Sour Cream
1/2 C Water
1/4 C Vegetable Oil
1 oz bottle Red Food Color
3 Lg Eggs
1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract

Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease & flour 2-- 9" cake pans.

Place ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Blend on low for 1 min. Stop & scrape down sides. Mix on medium for 2 to 3 min, until well blended---I usually do 30 sec on low then 1 1/2 to 2 min on med. Divide batter into 2 pans & place in oven.

Bake until they spring back when lightly pressed with your finger & they start to pull away from the sides--about 28-30 min. Remove from oven & cool on rack for 10 min. Run a dinner knife around each layer & invert onto rack. Allow to cool completely, about 30 min.

Store in a cake saver or covered in wax paper in the fridge for up to 1 week. Freeze wrapped in aluminum for up to 6 weeks. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator. (of course this is w/ the cream cheese frosting)

Chef_Stef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Stef Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 5:56am
post #9 of 9

I think mine's the best ever, and it got rave reviews from a bride who said her southern grandmother's been making her RV for her birthday every year all her life. When she tasted mine, she said, "Oooh. Grandma is SO fired." icon_smile.gif

I can't post it now, but if you search my posts I've posted it probably several times on here before. Let me know if you can't find it.

I fill it with cheesecake-flavored IMBC, and it's one of my most popular cakes.[/b]

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%