Need Printing Shop Cake Ideas For Work.

Decorating By scrabblemomof1 Updated 2 Jan 2009 , 4:49pm by scrabblemomof1

scrabblemomof1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrabblemomof1 Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 8:15pm
post #1 of 4

I work for a printing company (advertising and newspapers). I was just invited to a party with the guys who work with the printing presses. I know for sure I dont want to duplicate one of the machines into a cake (too many details). I need ideas for a cake. So far I came up with a toolbox (with the manager sitting on top)? Theres too many to all do in gumpaste. All ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. [/i]

3 replies
cakebaker1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1978 Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 9:35pm
post #2 of 4

How about a stack of newspapers? You could do an image transfer onto a sheet cake and then indent the sides all around to look like it is a stack. Does that make sense?? lol. I will try to find a photo of what I am kind of thinking......

http://debbiescraftsnthings.com/NewspaperCake.JPG

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1282401

http://yp.bellsouth.com/sites/threelittlecakes/images/3a.jpg

Hope this was a little helpful for you! thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif Good luck!!

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 10:06pm
post #3 of 4

awwww come on ...do the printing press --

simplified of course.

so a big old double tier square (2 4" tiers same size stacked)

ice/fondant in whatever color your presses are.

then...

to one end add a log of white fondant supported by pillars of fondant --- this is the blank newsprint going into the press. (this all could also be styrofoam or rice krispie treats too)

at the other end...two little rolls again supported with the paper exiting -- and some poor pressman squished on to the paper. exiting paper just a thin sheet of fondant or gumpaste.

a few details on sides PAINTED on -- like big rollers or pipes or what ever.

could have a figure of manager asking another figure of a pressman "Have you seen xxxx?" or "Where did xxxx go?" (use real name of person who is noted for being always "away"

and the sketch:
LL

scrabblemomof1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrabblemomof1 Posted 2 Jan 2009 , 4:49pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug

awwww come on ...do the printing press --

simplified of course. so a big old double tier square (2 4" tiers same size stacked) ice/fondant in whatever color your presses are. then...
to one end add a log of white fondant supported by pillars of fondant --- this is the blank newsprint going into the press. (this all could also be styrofoam or rice krispie treats too)
at the other end...two little rolls again supported with the paper exiting -- and some poor pressman squished on to the paper. exiting paper just a thin sheet of fondant or gumpaste.
a few details on sides PAINTED on -- like big rollers or pipes or what ever. could have a figure of manager asking another figure of a pressman "Have you seen xxxx?" or "Where did xxxx go?" (use real name of person who is noted for being always "away"
and the sketch:

WOW cool sketch! Certainly gives me inspiration. I've got a few weeks to practice so i'm certainly going to try. Thanks for the ideas and sketch. I LOVE the flattened image! SO FUNNY!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%