New Cupcake Pan Gadget?

Decorating By AmandaPanda Updated 2 Jan 2009 , 1:36am by Melvira

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 10:12pm
post #31 of 47

Betcha most people who bought it are not members of CC.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 10:59pm
post #32 of 47

Theresa.. Love the avatar!

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 11:04pm
post #33 of 47

Thanks, Fiddle!

You can copy it if you wish. I don't mind sharing avatars, as long as the person doing the stealing lets me know they're stealing it. I saw one of my old ones a few weeks ago, and although I was flattered that they copied it, I would have liked it more if the shock-value wasn't attached.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

fiddlesticks Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 11:09pm
post #34 of 47

Oh ,well thx for the offer but I will stick with my tangled cat, Its so me ...always tring to figure out the cake mess Im in..he he !
It sure is cute though !

beth2027 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beth2027 Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 11:16pm
post #35 of 47

I watched the video on the page. It craked me up. I couldn't stop laughing! The funniest thing was the fact that she was trying to decorate the cupcakes as they went and they SUCKED! I am thinking that it is one of thoes items that people who spend way too much time shopping on HSN or QVC would buy and then use once and never touch it again.
icon_lol.gif

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 11:32pm
post #36 of 47

I ddnt' realize there was a video until beth said that. So, I went back and watched it, got a little more than halfway through it, before I simply had to turn it off, and now I'm irritated. At first it was just a needless expense, now it's an insult. They have some cut open cupcakes there and they say "You simply can't do that any other way without ruining the cupcake" or something close to that. I took great offense to that. Mine are filled just as full if not fuller and they look just as good, if not better. And her crack about how you can just fill it with a spoon, you don't need one of those 'baking bags' or 'squeeze bags' (she obviously doesn't know what they are called) then she puts a spoonfull of crap on her muffin and it just sits there. It doesn't even sink in. And at one point she goes back a second time to show how the cupcakes just 'fall off' the inner plug thing, and she can't get them off, so the guy shoves a pan in front of it (between her mess and the camera) and says "Oh my gosh, just look at this!" (or something like that) to make it look like he wasn't just covering up what she was screwing up. When companies start saying that their product can do things that cannot be done without it, that's when they need to be slapped with a false advertising suit. I'm sorry, but it just chaps my bum!

Ok... I'm done. Sorry. icon_redface.gif

beth2027 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beth2027 Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 11:40pm
post #37 of 47

Melvira, I noticed the whole pan shoving thing too. icon_lol.gif And I, like you, think that she doesn't have a clue what she's talking about. They were talking about putting candy in after it's done. Well, why don't you just put it in before you bake??? icon_confused.gif That's what I do.
I was thinking she forgot to spray her contraption with release spray before she used it! That's why they wouldn't come off! icon_biggrin.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 11:49pm
post #38 of 47

If that guy said gourmet cupcake one more time, I was going thru the screen to personally strangle him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkalman

It takes 2 seconds to plunge a tip into a cuppie and fill it up.. this I would file under 'totally un-necessary tools'. icon_wink.gif

Agree totally!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaPanda

hehe I am working now and we just aired it .... today is the first day it has been offered and it sold out ......

Oh I believe it! All the moms out there making another version of a Family Circle cake. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

P.T. Barnum made a fortune in his lifetime and he was the one who said, Never underestimate the stupidity of the public! I put this in the category of next years biggest garage sale item.

My hubby is one who loves buying time saving gadgets for me. Most of them go into next years garage sale . UNOPENED! One was the curly fry cutter. For some reason, he thought I would LUV having something take up a ton of room so I could put a whole potato thru it and make a curly fry, then throw out the scrap potato, and then cook them in the deep fryer much longer than it takes to buy them frozen with way less work and lots cheaper. icon_confused.gif

The other joke gift was a pancake turner that had a button on the handle. The spatula part was 3 spatulas stacked on top of each other. Push the button and 3 spatulas spread out into a GIANT spatula to flip a HUGE pancake! BOINGGGGGG!!!! icon_surprised.gif I told him it looked like a sex-aid toy and please stop buying me helpful kitchen utensils. dunce.gif

And Ill probably add this years gift of a mini air compressor to the collection. icon_cry.gif

fiddlesticks Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 11:49pm
post #39 of 47

Oh theres a video??? Going to look!

Melvira Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 11:54pm
post #40 of 47

So... Debi... you still got that pancake flipper? Hehehehe. That is SO awesome!! I mean, who needs 4 or 5 small pancakes when you can make a 16" motherlode pancake!? Hehehe. At least he tries. icon_rolleyes.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 2 Jan 2009 , 12:00am
post #41 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

At least he tries. icon_rolleyes.gif

I think that's the problem.

I used to collect miniatures. We were at the antique mall and I kept looking and looking at the print setters drawers, which make great wall shelves for mini's. Kept pointing them out. So come Christmas and he tells me that he bought my gift at the antique mall and it was something I really wanted.

Turns out to be some kind of heavy, rusted, where-the-hell-am-I-going-to-hang-THIS-thing farm scale! The kind with a hook hanging under the scale where I guess I'd hang my side of beef after I personally butchered the cow to see how much it weighed!

I looked at him and he was so proud as he told me he remembered me looking at this scale over and over! I said, "I've never seen anything like this in my life."

That one is still in the garage. It won't even sell in the garage sale!

I keep telling him that guys like him were why gift cards were invented!! icon_lol.gif

fiddlesticks Posted 2 Jan 2009 , 12:03am
post #42 of 47

Hey Debi that pancake flipper sounds like a real winner.
Well I watched the video and whats with the canned icing and was it whiped cream she kept squirting everywhere Geeezzzzz!!
The sad part is that she will make tons of money from it before everyone sees that it was such a watse of their hard earned money So sad!!

fiddlesticks Posted 2 Jan 2009 , 12:05am
post #43 of 47

LOL!! I also have some print setters drawers for my mini,s he he !

AmandaPanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmandaPanda Posted 2 Jan 2009 , 12:43am
post #44 of 47

lol you guys are hilarious! I actually posted this because I was searching the website while working and saw those I didn't even realize they were going to be aired, then low and behold 15 minutes after I post this there they are on the TV haha then the video from today was uploaded to the web. I agree after watching that I did take offense to the thing they said about not being able to get that look or effect (the cut open cupcake) any other way especially since I get that look baking in my old green bean cans then hollowing out the middle and adding creams (in my photos) and I thought mine looked pretty darn good.

I have to say that I like MOST things from HSN and of the items I have I love them all (especially my clothes/boots I get more compliments from my HSN stuff than my department store stuff) .... BUT there are a few CRAP items that they push too and that makes ME mad as a sales person because I have to sit there and pretend that it is an awesome product that I am selling the customers knowing it has crappy reviews online.

Melvira Posted 2 Jan 2009 , 1:25am
post #45 of 47

Oh good lord Amanda... my Aunt (in-law) is retired and she has turned into an HSN addict. Seriously, her whole house is filled with boxes in various stages of opening or re-packing for return. She keeps like a third of what she buys. Buyers remorse I guess. icon_rolleyes.gif

AmandaPanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmandaPanda Posted 2 Jan 2009 , 1:31am
post #46 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

Oh good lord Amanda... my Aunt (in-law) is retired and she has turned into an HSN addict. Seriously, her whole house is filled with boxes in various stages of opening or re-packing for return. She keeps like a third of what she buys. Buyers remorse I guess. icon_rolleyes.gif

LOL yes we have quite a few of those shoppers where you look at their order history and there are lik 20-30 orders a week and 10-15 returns a week haha .... actually I have a lot of ppl calling in not even remembering what they ordered because they ordered so much ..... I actually feel bad taking their orders, those are the people with like 15 credit cards on file and 75% of them are maxed out.

Melvira Posted 2 Jan 2009 , 1:36am
post #47 of 47

Oh man, yah... that would make you feel bad. Especially these days with stuff being so tight. It really is a sickness for some people. They just can't stop!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%