Guitar Hero Cake

Decorating By notjustcake Updated 3 Jan 2009 , 3:02am by TheCakerator

notjustcake Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 5:01pm
post #1 of 7

Hello ladies, looking for your help here, my DD wants a guitar hero cake, but I don't see how the cake would be enough, I think about 15 and some parents might show to the party, the cake well the handle is already going to take up a lot of room on the long board so a 13 x 9 trimmed sheet cake might yield less than 20 servings how do I ma ke this happen??

6 replies
jolmk Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 7:19pm
post #2 of 7

Can you make some cupcakes for parents and serve the guitar cake to your DD and her guests?

tripleD Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 7:27pm
post #3 of 7

hello, if you look in my photos you'll see my guitar hero.
i used a 12x18 pan for this cake and the guitar wilton pan for a mold for a chocolate guitar. hoped it helps

KHalstead Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 7:31pm
post #4 of 7

I made my guitar cake w/ a 12x18" and didn't really carve away that much, I'd say it still serves 50 people nicely.........why not try and go with a 11"x15" cake, that way you're sure to have plenty but not sooooooooooo much extra!

dominique26 Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 7:45pm
post #5 of 7

I have a Guitar Hero cake in my photos that I made using the Wilton guitar pan and a 16" double layered square.

The birthday boy was happy that there was another cake besides the guitar because he didn't want to cut it.

notjustcake Posted 2 Jan 2009 , 6:16am
post #6 of 7

for the tips and I will check everyone's photos

TheCakerator Posted 3 Jan 2009 , 3:02am
post #7 of 7

I used a 9x13 cake pan for both of my guitar cakes and they served roughly 20 or so, but these were smaller cake pieces ... I suppose if you cut large pieces it would not be big enough, but if you serve average size pieces you should be fine .... I did not carve off very much at all ...

Quote by @%username% on %date%