Guitar Hero Cake

Decorating By notjustcake Updated 3 Jan 2009 , 3:02am by TheCakerator

notjustcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
notjustcake Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 5:01pm
post #1 of 7

Hello ladies, looking for your help here, my DD wants a guitar hero cake, but I don't see how the cake would be enough, I think about 15 and some parents might show to the party, the cake well the handle is already going to take up a lot of room on the long board so a 13 x 9 trimmed sheet cake might yield less than 20 servings how do I ma ke this happen??

6 replies
jolmk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jolmk Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 7:19pm
post #2 of 7

Can you make some cupcakes for parents and serve the guitar cake to your DD and her guests?

Jo

tripleD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tripleD Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 7:27pm
post #3 of 7

hello, if you look in my photos you'll see my guitar hero.
i used a 12x18 pan for this cake and the guitar wilton pan for a mold for a chocolate guitar. hoped it helps

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 7:31pm
post #4 of 7

I made my guitar cake w/ a 12x18" and didn't really carve away that much, I'd say it still serves 50 people nicely.........why not try and go with a 11"x15" cake, that way you're sure to have plenty but not sooooooooooo much extra!

dominique26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dominique26 Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 7:45pm
post #5 of 7

I have a Guitar Hero cake in my photos that I made using the Wilton guitar pan and a 16" double layered square.

The birthday boy was happy that there was another cake besides the guitar because he didn't want to cut it.

notjustcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
notjustcake Posted 2 Jan 2009 , 6:16am
post #6 of 7

for the tips and I will check everyone's photos

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 3 Jan 2009 , 3:02am
post #7 of 7

I used a 9x13 cake pan for both of my guitar cakes and they served roughly 20 or so, but these were smaller cake pieces ... I suppose if you cut large pieces it would not be big enough, but if you serve average size pieces you should be fine .... I did not carve off very much at all ...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%