Disney Bolt Cake

Decorating By fba322 Updated 1 Jan 2009 , 11:35pm by beth2027

fba322 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fba322 Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 4:15am
post #1 of 4

I have a request for a cake for a girl's birthday. She wants a Bolt cake. I was thinking of doing a sheet cake with the image of Bolt raised on top of the sheet cake and paw prints and bones all over the sheet cake. But I don't know. Her mom asked if I could make one in the shape of Bolt or what other ideas I had. I have searched for all kinds of ideas and am coming up with nothing really. Can anyone help me, please?! Thanks!

3 replies
SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 7:32am
post #2 of 4

I googled Disney Bolt and found this coloring page. You don't say what size cake you need, but you could print it large enough to use the outline as a pattern to cut him out of a 9x13 or 12x18 sheet cake, and then fill in the design.

http://bp1.blogger.com/_nwivH0L1USw/SGp594xaQPI/AAAAAAAAACA/EmtxfGlyOwk/s1600-h/bolt-coloring-pages-001.jpg

Be sure and post a picture of the finished product of whatever you decide to do. icon_smile.gif

fba322 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fba322 Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 4:26pm
post #3 of 4

Thank you so much! That is perfect. She said she would need approximately 20-30 servings. She is going to let me know for sure in the next day or so. My guess is I can cut a larger cake into this shape and decorate him for less servings, or I can do a 9x13 and on an additional layer, cut him out and put him on top, so it would be this image but raised. I will give her a few options. Thanks again so much. I never found this in my search.

beth2027 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beth2027 Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 11:35pm
post #4 of 4

Amanda, I see you are from TN too! Me too. icon_biggrin.gif I haven't seen the movie Bolt, but I am thinking a Frozen Buttercream Transfer. I have had pretty good success with those and they aren't terribly hard to do.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%