American Girl Cake Ideas

Decorating By cookieswithdots Updated 1 Jan 2009 , 9:16pm by Cupcakeluv24

cookieswithdots Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 3:15am
post #1 of 6

I had someone ask me to do a small 6" American Girl cake for her daughter. Since the cake will be so small, any ideas? I'll take a look at their website too.

Thanks!
Melissa

5 replies
kimberlina25 Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 3:49am
post #2 of 6

well with it being so small you just might want to do the logo star with "american girls" on it, or if you want a challenge, you could make some fondant figures of a couple of the girls to put on the cake, sit on it or around the cake. just a couple of ideas....

HTH

singsing Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 4:25am
post #3 of 6

How funny, I just got the AG Jan. Catalogue in the mail today. I looked through it, not really seeing anything that I would put on the cake. Maybe if the girl is getting a doll you could find out what the outfit is and match the colors or if it is a special character, like one of the historical figures, something to match them. Maybe if she is getting a new doll put on it "meet Kristie" or whatever the name is like AG does with all the new books and dolls. Or maybe "Meet ____" (name of girl) and the star logo (American Girl) around the outside edge. The new girl of the year doll is Chrissa, with a cute heart by her name. or her dress is pink with floral pattern you could put on the cake. blah blah this probably isn't helping.

kimberlina25 Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 5:42pm
post #4 of 6

[quote="singsing"]How funny, I just got the AG Jan. Catalogue in the mail today/quote]

i just went on their website and noticed that they are retiring samantha and nellie!!! I can't believe it. Samantha was my first AG doll when I was a young girl and it makes me sad that she is gonna be gone. I guess I will be glad to have her if I ever have a girl, but why would they retire a classic like samantha?!?! icon_surprised.gif

beth2027 Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 8:59pm
post #5 of 6

Samantha was always my favorite because she and I share a birthday. icon_biggrin.gif I read all the books as a kid, but never got a doll (we just didn't have that kind of money). I hate it they are retiring her. icon_sad.gif

Cupcakeluv24 Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 9:16pm
post #6 of 6

I found out about a month ago about Samantha, I didn't know they were retiring more then just her! She was/is my only and only AG I got when I was like 8y/o. I Love her

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%