You Know Its Bad When Your Dreams Involve Cc And Cakes!

Decorating By Someonesmommy Updated 6 Jan 2009 , 3:44pm by fiddlesticks

Someonesmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Someonesmommy Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 8:22pm
post #1 of 60

OK this dream was weeeiiiirrrrdddd! Apparantly I got together with some other CC members from Louisiana and we decided to bake the worlds largest wedding cake for the Guiness Book of World Records! (Wait....don't start laughing yet!)

So, we're baking these cakes and assembling them in my back yard on this giant cake board. We start covering this huge thing with fondant and when we get to one end the fondant starts to tear on the other end. We kept fighting with it to fix it but it wouldnt work. All of a sudden guess who drives up in my driveway on a motorcycle.............
MELVIRA!!!!!

She walks around the cake and up to me and says, "See, I told you to use Bettercreme!"

Ok.......you can laugh now ( and if you piddle your pants, I'll understand!)

The only thing I can see is that I was reading something about Bettercreme last night and Melvira was posting alot.

AND I SWEAR I WASN'T DRINKING LAST NIGHT!!!!

59 replies
fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 8:29pm
post #2 of 60

So strange cause someone else just posted about having a Mel dream also !!!
Something wired going on??????????????

Someonesmommy Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 8:36pm
post #3 of 60

Hmmmm.....that is a little weird. Maybe she has some kind of mystical powers or something!

fiddlesticks Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 8:41pm
post #4 of 60

icon_lol.gif Well with it being Mel I would say yes thats possible icon_razz.gif
After all she does have that ghost thread to ! icon_lol.gif
hmmmm! I wonder why everyone is dreaming about Mel icon_confused.gif
She must of put an evil spell on people icon_lol.gif
I guess we will have to wait and see icon_wink.gif

sayhellojana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sayhellojana Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 8:50pm
post #5 of 60

LOL!!! That is soooo funny! Another member had a dream that Mel was the Bettercream fairy.

Someonesmommy Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 8:51pm
post #6 of 60

What ghost thread?

Wonder if she knows were talking about her?

do doot do doot do doot do doot

fiddlesticks Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 9:12pm
post #7 of 60

I pm.d her when you first posted this but she isnt on right now !
She has a thread about having ghosts in her house ! he he !
Fun thread !

Someonesmommy Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 9:30pm
post #10 of 60

Thanks I needed I good happy cry. That is so cool. The picture on the screen looks exactly like a drawing of the baby! By the way Melvira, that has got to be the most beautiful smile I have ever seen! He is sooooo cute!

I have this weird feeling now. The other day when I was home alone, I kept seeing this fuzzy little black figure running in and out of my older boys bedroom into the 2 year olds room. It was the size of a small dog/baby. I was so convinced that something was in here I got up to look under the beds and in the closets. After reading the ghost story I have a weird feeling like someone is here in the house with me. (Alone again, kids are at grammas with dad). Its not a creepy feeling so I don't think its anything evil. Kinda hard to explain.

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 1:22am
post #11 of 60

Ok... I'm embarassed that you guys have found out, but I guess the cat's outta the bag... I've been putting addictive mind controlling chemicals in all the Bettercreme before it gets shipped around the country! It puts you in this bizarre trance and you are forced to do my evil sugar-coated bidding!! No, that's not true. The real story is that I am actually a super hero. I travel the world on my giant flying kitchenaid, fighting crime and lumpy frosting wherever it occurs!! thumbs_up.gif

No... believe it or not, I haven't been drinking! Hahahahaha!

fiddlesticks Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 1:28am
post #12 of 60

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Some how I CAN believe you have NOT been drinking !
I can see you flying around in a K.A. licking a big spatula full of bettercreme( with malt syrup of course ) icon_smile.gif
Oh please do tell whats your super hero costume look like ! icon_lol.gificon_razz.gif

Melvira Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 2:33am
post #13 of 60

Like this...

Unfortunately you can only see my cape here, the rest of the costume is fitted black vinyl, kind of like Alicia Silverstone when she was Batgirl or Halle Berry as Catwoman. Except I'm so hot I put them to shame! ( icon_rolleyes.gif Don't believe a word of that!) Anyway, my K.A-mobile is gunmetal grey with tricked out silver accessories.

So, kiddies, you'd better be good. You don't want Melvira coming after you!
LL

MnSnow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MnSnow Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 2:45am
post #14 of 60

Ok I confess...I peed my pants

Thanks for the laughs! You guys rock!

Someonesmommy Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 3:21am
post #15 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

Ok... I'm embarassed that you guys have found out, but I guess the cat's outta the bag... I've been putting addictive mind controlling chemicals in all the Bettercreme before it gets shipped around the country! It puts you in this bizarre trance and you are forced to do my evil sugar-coated bidding!! No, that's not true. The real story is that I am actually a super hero. I travel the world on my giant flying kitchenaid, fighting crime and lumpy frosting wherever it occurs!! thumbs_up.gif

No... believe it or not, I haven't been drinking! Hahahahaha!

Thanks for putting THAT image in my head! Guess tonights dream will involve Melvira flying around on a souped up KitchenAid!

fiddlesticks Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 3:50am
post #16 of 60

Oh I love that ..hmmmm... is that a skin colored body suit I see showing through that awesome cape ??? LOL!!!
Oh and that must be choc bettercreme on the wooden spoon !
Thats so awesome !!!

Lorendabug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lorendabug Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 4:04am
post #17 of 60

Too funny!

Someonesmommy Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 5:33am
post #18 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

Like this...

Unfortunately you can only see my cape here, the rest of the costume is fitted black vinyl, kind of like Alicia Silverstone when she was Batgirl or Halle Berry as Catwoman. Except I'm so hot I put them to shame! ( icon_rolleyes.gif Don't believe a word of that!) Anyway, my K.A-mobile is gunmetal grey with tricked out silver accessories.

So, kiddies, you'd better be good. You don't want Melvira coming after you!

Is that a cookie!?!?

Melvira Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 5:54am
post #19 of 60

No skin colored body suit, that's just my wicked cleavage being hoisted up by the black vinyl suit (and the will of God!). That's actually melted chocolate on my spoon (hence, the Mistress of the dark chocolate) I am making ganache.

And yes, Someonesmommy, that is a cookie. I am guessing you didn't get to see that cake! It was awesome! It was a joint effort between me and my best cyber suger friend. She is the most incredible cookie artist of all time. She did that cookie based on an actual snapshot of me and it blew me away! She made it for me as a birthday present in '07 and asked me to make a cake to go with it. She actually just sent me a sketch and I had to design the cake just based on the sketch, then she shipped me the cookie topper when it was done. They just went together perfectly! I really got a charge out of the sketch though because to me it totally looks like... crud, what's her name? Goldie Hawn's daughter. Phooey... someone help me out here. But the cake was covered in bars of fondant that I hand painted in several different shades of luster dust. It took FOR-EVVA!! But it was so fun to do that with someone who means so much to me. And yes, she used to tease me about the size of my... um... baby-feeders... that's why they are so pronounced in the topper. I'm a big girl, we'll just say. icon_redface.gif
LL
LL

sayhellojana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sayhellojana Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 6:28am
post #20 of 60

Ok, I'll say it...

I WANT MY TA-TAS ON A GIANT COOKIE!!!!

Mel, why do you get all the cool stuff??? icon_smile.gif

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 6:53am
post #21 of 60

Dang Mel. I'm impressed by your mind control powers and the cleavage icon_lol.gif (I'm not a big girl in that department.)
Wonder if we will all have Mel dreams tonight?

Someonesmommy Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 6:58am
post #22 of 60

NO! I hadnt seen the cake. That is freaking awesome!!! I could never have my tatas on a cookie like that. Afterdang near 3 combined years of breastfeeding, lets just say that cookie would have to extend to the lower level of the cake.

That is sooooo cool!

Someonesmommy Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 7:01am
post #23 of 60

Isn't Kate Hudson her daughter?

Frankyola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Frankyola Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 9:07am
post #24 of 60

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif You guys are so funy!!!

kansaswolf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaswolf Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 10:17am
post #25 of 60

Too funny!

I feel for you, Mel... My 5 month old is making good use of my 36K's... I get teased by friends just a tad as well... icon_biggrin.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 1:57pm
post #26 of 60

well I hate to get this back on topic......! icon_biggrin.gif

I saw this subject line yesteday but didn't read it .... I never really dream about cakes.

Until last night!!!!!!!

Someone's big graduation sheet cake got destroyed, so I go to the local bakery and ask for another one, which they can't do asap ("Why CAN'T you pull it out of your rear end in 10 minutes?") So I ask for two 11x15's. No can do. For some reason, I'm wandering around this bakery's backroom and a woman is showing me all the cakes they've done for graduation ... she's pullng cake after cake out of their little household refrigerator's freezer (like 20 clowns getting out of a little car). Fine. I decide to just make the cake myself and I'll use my 14x22 pan and make this guy a big cake!! But it's going to look like a fire truck .... and since they dont' need it 'till Valentine's Day (remember, it's a graduation cake ....where the heck did Valentine's Day come from?) then the red truck will be perfect.

Thank god I woke up!! This was just stupid!!

fiddlesticks Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 2:04pm
post #27 of 60

Yes its Kate Hudson! Well no wonder your little man is growing so fast ..he was well fed there for a few weeks he he !
Whats the name of that movie where Bruce Willis talks for the baby and he( baby) see,s a lady( girl ) with big coconuts and says LUNCH !!!! lol!!!
I thought when you posted that cookie( topper )it was from your cake site cake.
It is awesome and very well done by both of you!

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 2:46pm
post #28 of 60

ok debi........ just how much partying did you do last night?? icon_eek.gif

fiddlesticks Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 3:39pm
post #29 of 60

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Melvira Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 4:17pm
post #30 of 60

Ok Debi, so where did I come in to play in that dream??? You didn't have a cake dream without me in it did you? That's just wrong.

Yes, Kate Hudson... I just couldn't get her name to come out from the back of my brain last night!

Fiddle, you're talking about "Look who's talking". But I'm not sure what you meant about the topper...? Help me out here. icon_rolleyes.gif I have a cold and things are having trouble penetrating the fog.

And I'll tell you, they may be big, but I will 'second' the saggy thing. It's that skin tight vinyl that makes 'em look good. When I'm dressed as my mild mannered alter ego... well, lets just say we'd need a 5 tiered cake. icon_lol.gif My biggest problem is how much weight I've gained, lost, gained, lost, etc.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%