Chocolate Mud Cake Questions

Baking By rocketmom1985 Updated 2 Jan 2009 , 10:36pm by rocketmom1985

rocketmom1985 Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 1:21am
post #1 of 4

In the recipes section, the chocolate mud cake calls for "dark chocolate buttons"...would that be the same as say semi-sweet baking chips? Or a chocolate bar found in the baking section (not the unsweetened...)?

I am looking for a great moist chocolate cake to wow some ladies at a tea on Monday and I thought this would be a good recipe as so many folks rave about this cake.

I have never converted a by weight recipe...I don't have a scale as of right now, so would a regular conversion table be accurate for this recipe?

TIA

3 replies
sweet_teeth Posted 2 Jan 2009 , 3:48pm
post #2 of 4

I don't know what chocolate buttons are.. but this cake is amaziiiiinnnggg.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Double-Chocolate-Layer-Cake-101275

I don't make the frosting, but the cake is to die for. I am known for it.. and have yet to get a bad result!

Best of luck.

rocketmom1985 Posted 2 Jan 2009 , 10:35pm
post #3 of 4

Thank you so much...this recipe is a very close clone to a chocolate cake that is my fav...Barefoot Contessa's choc cake. I will try this one since it calls for oil vs butter which I think enhances moistness...looks great, thanks again!

rocketmom1985 Posted 2 Jan 2009 , 10:36pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you so much...this recipe is a very close clone to a chocolate cake that is my fav...Barefoot Contessa's choc cake. I will try this one since it calls for oil vs butter which I think enhances moistness...looks great, thanks again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%