Help Me With This Please

Decorating By cakeladyatLA Updated 31 Dec 2008 , 1:04am by icer101

cakeladyatLA Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 12:33am
post #1 of 3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello:

I have a question, I need to learn how to make gumpaste flowers, by myself, I can't afford to take classes right now, I have an old instructional VHS and also from videos from tonedna1 and others on youtube.

My problem is that I used to spend a lot of money on cake stuff and I have a garage full of stuff I dont need, I don't want to make the same mistake again and go buy a lot stuff I Won't be needing. So, if you guys could help me with this problem.

1.- Should I buy the wilton set of tools?
2.- Is there another set or package that would be cheaper than separate tools?
3.- If I have to buy separate tools, which ones?
4.- Do you know of a DVD that is really complete so I dont have to buy a bunch of them?

Thank you.
Patty*

2 replies
shelly-101 Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 12:47am
post #2 of 3

I would defantely buy the wilton tool set i use it for everything it is my most used cake item that i have. as for dvds not sure. hope this helps and good luck in your folwers. icon_smile.gif

icer101 Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 1:04am
post #3 of 3

the wilton tool set is a very good set... i have lots of expensive tools over the years by other names... and i still use my wilton set also... nick lodge has great dvd's .. also scott clark woolley.. scotts are expensive.... but are wonderful.. he is a great teacher... you feel like you are in his studio taking classes... hth you also feel like you are at nicks school taking classes with him..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%