I Just Got My 1St Magicline Pans!!!

Decorating By KrissieCakes Updated 30 Dec 2008 , 10:36pm by FullHouse

KrissieCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KrissieCakes Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 9:21pm
post #1 of 6

Any tips on using them? Special baking temps or anything? I am so excited about using them, they feel soooo much sturdier than the Wilton pans I've been using. Oh yeah...they are square! Finally I can mix it up a bit! Tonight I'm going to make my first pillow cake! I love Christmas presents!!! icon_smile.gif

5 replies
__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 9:51pm
post #2 of 6

Yay! I am ordering some MagicLines myself soon, can't wait to try them out!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 10:20pm
post #3 of 6

You probably will find your cakes will bake much more evenly....not necessarily quicker. Some of Wilton's pans are very thin metal so baking heat transfers faster but doesn't spread as well.

vteventrider Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vteventrider Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 10:29pm
post #4 of 6

I have not had to change anything when using my MagicLines over other pans. I just think they bake more evenly and hold up better and the sides are so much nicericon_smile.gif

sayhellojana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sayhellojana Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 10:34pm
post #5 of 6

I just got my first one for Christmas too! Its a sheet pan but the corners are SOOOO perfect. Like, perfect 90 degrees. I think I'm going to make a cake with it tonight to try it. Its really sturdy.

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 10:36pm
post #6 of 6

I was so excited when I got my square MagicLine pans a few months ago. I didn't have to change anything, I use homemade cake release with parchment on top (1 part ea: flour, oil, crisco) and bake even strips. I love that they are sturdy, bake evenly, and create nice sharp edges. I wish I would have invested in them from the beginning, now I'm spoiled with them but still have to bake all my round cakes in my Wilton pans have 1 or 2 in pretty much every size so I won't be replacing them until the dent... now where is my hammer icon_smile.gif. Enjoy.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%