Any Hanging "arrangement" Idea Similar To Grapevin

Baking By banananutmuffin Updated 30 Dec 2008 , 11:00pm by banananutmuffin

banananutmuffin Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 3:24am
post #1 of 4

I want to create a "thank you" cookie arrangement, but would prefer not to do a traditional bouquet... mostly because I'm new to this and not sure if I want to deal with the sticks. Does anyone have a suggestion for an arrangement that doesn't require sticks, like the grapevine tree, but would only need about 12 cookies or so to look complete?

Thanks!

3 replies
KHalstead Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 4:12pm
post #2 of 4

what about making a tree out of heavy guaged wire?? like a tree in winter with no leaves, just branches? Then hand the cookies on each individual branch

Honeydukes Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 5:22pm
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by banananutmuffin

I want to create a "thank you" cookie arrangement, but would prefer not to do a traditional bouquet... mostly because I'm new to this and not sure if I want to deal with the sticks. Does anyone have a suggestion for an arrangement that doesn't require sticks, like the grapevine tree, but would only need about 12 cookies or so to look complete?

Thanks!

I can't find the thread, but someone was asking about bouquets. DianeLM responded that she glues the bagged cookies to the sticks. That might work for you. You might want to send her a PM.

Here is a company that sells wire tree and umbrella forms. You could hang cookies on these. Don't know how soon you would need them. Have you checked your local craft store for ideas? A florist might have something that would work.
http://tmarco.com/trees.htm

HTH!

banananutmuffin Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 11:00pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks for the ideas!

I ended up finding an orchid trellis support for $5 for two. If I put one in a pot like in the picture, I can hang cookies from the trellis bars and give it a "bouquet" feel.

It's similar to this one: http://www.smithandhawken.com/catalog/product.jsp;jsessionid=EMGG4BDBHQDLQCTLNKFFAFQKNNVIWUPU?productId=prod94449&categoryId=cat430015p

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%