Help, I Need White Chocolate Polkadots

Decorating By hammer1 Updated 30 Dec 2008 , 4:27pm by arosstx

hammer1 Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 1:04am
post #1 of 5

bride wants white chocolate polkadots, about 1/4 -1/2 inch. thought i would be able to find a mold. i have hunted all weekend without luck...does anyone have any suggestions. i have done freehand before and don't like the inconsistency. i had a flower mold and used the flower centers once, however the mold has only 4 flowers on it and i need polkadots for a three tiered wedding cake plus sheet cake. i have been looking around for something to use as a mold, i wonder it popped pop it plastic would work...i am up for ideas...please.

4 replies
sugarshack Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 2:34am
post #2 of 5

did u look at

redpanda Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 7:45am
post #3 of 5

If you can't find a mold (or get it shipped in time), you might be able to melt the white chocolate and spread it on a flat surface (e.g., acetate or parchment on a cookie sheet) and then, when it is fairly set, but not hard, use a small cutter to cut the circles. I've done this with an icing tip. You just cut them out, leaving them on the sheet to harden fully. You can then carefully remove your dots to use.

hammer1 Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 4:00pm
post #4 of 5

when 8using the tip, how do you get an even layer of chocolate, and does the tip make ragged edges?

arosstx Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 4:27pm
post #5 of 5

If they HAVE to be white chocolate, I would just use modeling chocolate rolled out thin, then cut out with tip #12. Use the tip for some, then the other end for the rest. That should give you the size you need plus with modeling chocolate they won't lose their shape when you pick them up.

Good luck! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%