Sugar Veil For Christmas

Decorating By Suebee Updated 15 Jan 2009 , 7:39pm by Suebee

Suebee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suebee Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 12:34am
post #1 of 11

My family bought me the Sugar Veil Standard Kit from Icing Images for Christmas. I can't wait to use it, I have been wanting this ever since it came out. They had a special before Christmas sale. It was under $200. WOW

10 replies
kakedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakedecorator Posted 3 Jan 2009 , 4:45pm
post #2 of 11

Wow, what a great gift. Don't forget to send pictures.

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 3 Jan 2009 , 4:50pm
post #3 of 11

Have fun! It's messy! Pay attention to the humidity levels in your home, it is very important as to how the stuff dries, whether it stays tacky, whether it crackles, etc. Finicky stuff at times!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 3 Jan 2009 , 6:38pm
post #4 of 11

Geez, I wish I'd known you wanted the kit. I probably would have sold you mine. It's one of the few cake tools I actually regret buying. Maybe you can teach me something about it to make me like it. Become the CC Sugarveil expert, OK?

Suebee Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 4:48pm
post #5 of 11

leahs what didn't you like about it. I'll need all the help I can get.

__Jamie__ Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 4:55pm
post #6 of 11

Well, I don't know what Leah doesn't like about it, but it's basically like working with a big pile of melted marshamallows....sticky, messy....can turn "not fun" in a heartbeat! I'll probably still use mine every once in awhile, I've got it vacuum stored away for longer shelf life. icon_smile.gif

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 6:46pm
post #7 of 11

I liked the product OK. It does some cool stuff. I object to the kit. It appears to be an aquarium pump, a plactic tackle box, some syringes, and some other off the shelf stuff that's been assembled, marked up to probably 3 times it's value or 5 times its cost and sold as a "kit."

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 7:13pm
post #8 of 11

I LOVE the stuff! It makes writing so much easier and I love using it to do logos.

I do agree that the air pen is not worth the money. I just use my regular piping bags and tips. It does take some time to get the consistency right, but all in all I really like it!

If you get the DVD it teaches you all kinds of things that you can do with it.

__Jamie__ Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 7:21pm
post #9 of 11

Oh my goodness Janel...I just looked at your gallery, that Christmas with Jesus cake is the most touching creation I have ever seen. I personally would not have been able to do something like that....as the fondant would have dissolved away from all the tears I would have been shedding on it.

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 7:39pm
post #10 of 11

Thank you so much!! It was not an easy cake to make (emotionally). I noticed that I was much more patient with my 2 year old that day and I was so concerned about making it look perfect for those families!

Suebee Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 7:39pm
post #11 of 11

I was suprised when I opened it and saw the pump and tubing the the syringes, but I did come across a post on the internet that the stuff comes out of the syringes with a steady flow that it would with using just a bag. We will see, some day in the next few weeks we will have a play day and see what we can do. I'll let you know. Thanks for all your help.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%