Princess Sparkle Roses???

Decorating By auntmamie Updated 30 Dec 2008 , 1:09am by kakeladi

auntmamie Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 12:18am
post #1 of 4

Can anyone help?? I have a cake due on Saturday, and need to make roses for a topper for it. It's a 4, 6, 8, with a princess crown, and pink and purple colors. (I took the tinkerbell cake from Wilton 2008 yearbook, and am turning it into a Princess cake).

I am able to make the roses from RI or BC, but need to know how to make them sparkle. Should I add glitter to the frosting, or do I add it after making the roses? If after, do I sprinkle it all over, or does dipping the edges in glitter look better? Also, what glitter do I use? I have no glitter on hand, so I'm limited to what Michaels has in stock. My local Michaels' has a pretty good stock of Wilton at all times. (Plus it's 50% coupon week!)

Thanks so much, and sorry for the million questions.

3 replies
appletaffy224 Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 12:38am
post #2 of 4

I'm new at this but I would add the glitter to the icing. I can't wait to see your cake!!

Carlachef Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 12:49am
post #3 of 4

Michael's has a number of choices. You can do either RI, BC or even gumpaste roses. After which just wet the edges if RI or gumpaste and then just sprinkle. You can use the sparkling sugars, colored sugars or cake sparkles theres also Wiltons version of luster dust.

kakeladi Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 1:09am
post #4 of 4

Do not add it to the b'cream. Probably the easiest way is to sprinkle it on after the b'cream has dried.....
Make the roses ahead and let them air dry - overnight should do it then dip them in well crushed Wilton glitter. The idea of using a bit of water or egg white on the tips might work but don't wet them very much - just a slight spray.
I use a salt shaker w/tiny hold to sprinkle the glitter on but if you want it at the tips only then you need to dip the rose into the glitter.

Quote by @%username% on %date%