Big Swirl Using Round Tip?

Baking By Tracy0127 Updated 31 Dec 2008 , 3:27am by Tracy0127

Tracy0127 Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 7:55pm
post #1 of 7

I've seen some really cute cupcakes that must have been done with a big round tip. Like on Any thoughts on how to do this? The biggest round tip I have is the 12. I'm wondering if you could do this by cutting the end of a decorating bag rather than using a tip?

6 replies
stephaniescakenj Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 9:03pm
post #2 of 7

The biggest round tip I have is a 12 too. I imagine you could just cut a hole in the bag but I think it would be easier if you just used a bag with the coupler on, no tip. I think it will come out more round that way. they do make a bigger one, Anne uses one but I don't think she mentions what size it is.

Here's a video of Anne making her cupcakes. Hopefully this link will work.

Tracy0127 Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 3:29am
post #3 of 7

that was very helpful! Thank you so much!!

marag Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 10:13pm
post #4 of 7

I have a big tip, similar in size to the 1m. I believe it is a 2a, and it's just a big round tip... bigger than the 12. I bought it at a cake supply store, but I think it's a wilton tip.


I hope this picture shows up so that you can see.

marag Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 10:19pm
post #5 of 7

OK, sorry. I don't know how to add an attachement. icon_redface.gif

hopefully this works.

fiddlesticks Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 11:02pm
post #6 of 7

Awesome swirl cuppies ! I have a Wilton 1A tip its just a big round circle tip. I bought it at a local cake supply.

Tracy0127 Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 3:27am
post #7 of 7

thanks girls! I'll have to look for those tips. I love the look of the big swirls!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%