Need Creative Cupcake Recipes To Wow A Crowd, Please.

Decorating By mndy204 Updated 5 Jun 2013 , 2:59am by winsomebaker

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 2:03am
post #61 of 111

HEY Laura ! Nice to see ya, hope you had a great Christmas ? Laura you are right its all good he he !

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 2:06am
post #62 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlesticks

HEY Laura ! Nice to see ya, hope you had a great Christmas ? Laura you are right its all good he he !

hey fiddle *wavin'* I had a wonderful Christmas... hope you did too! I am sooooo happy we are receiving notices on CC again... icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

fiddlesticks Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 2:12am
post #63 of 111

Yes, had a wonderful Christmas and yes hearing my puter call me again with notices makes me a happy camper ! icon_lol.gif

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 2:22am
post #64 of 111

Here wishing you a happy and healthy New Year, full of perfect baking! icon_smile.gif

fiddlesticks Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 2:28am
post #65 of 111

Thanks and back at ya buddy, but the perfect baking is your department icon_biggrin.gif

Cookie4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookie4 Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 3:01am
post #66 of 111

Hi Melvira - thanks for the idea of making the Malt Icing with Bettercream. It sounds like a must make recipe!

Happy New Year everybody - hope 2009 is great year for all!

mndy204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mndy204 Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 3:07am
post #67 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlesticks

I cant buy either kind at my Walmart or my Sams I can only find it at GFS!
mndy204.. Its in the freezer/coolers, Mine is by the coolwhip etc!

Ok thank you! I'll look there next time I go to the grocery store!! I hope I find some!!

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 3:09am
post #68 of 111

mndy204, you have Hy-Vee down there right? My sis is in Independence and they have it there. That's where I first got it, by the pound from the bakery. They just grabbed a deli container and filled it up and sold it to me. Don't be afraid to be a little forward about getting it! thumbs_up.gif

sayhellojana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sayhellojana Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 3:14am
post #69 of 111

Lol! I guess I'll stop by Smart and Final and grab some Frostin' Pride. I'm making a bunch of cupcakes for a friend's new year's party, so I guess I have some fillings to try icon_smile.gif

mndy204 Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 3:20am
post #70 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

mndy204, you have Hy-Vee down there right? My sis is in Independence and they have it there. That's where I first got it, by the pound from the bakery. They just grabbed a deli container and filled it up and sold it to me. Don't be afraid to be a little forward about getting it! thumbs_up.gif

Yeah we have a Hy-Vee, that's where I normally grocery shop! Should I just ask the bakery instead of going to Sam's then? That'd be awesome!! I'll have to try that out!

Melvira Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 3:27am
post #71 of 111

Yes! Make sure you go during the midday hours (between 9-3) so you can be sure you get someone very knowledgable about the bakery area. I don't at all mean that to be rude, but you know, if you go late in the evening you may get someone who is just stocking stuff, but they know nothing about anything back there. Anyway, look for someone who perhaps has something to do with the cakes and pastries, they'll know the most. I am guessing they shouldn't have a problem with it, but you never know. If you end up not finding it, you'll have to let me know and the next time I come down I'll load up a huge cooler with the liquid quarts for ya!! thumbs_up.gif

mndy204 Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 3:31am
post #72 of 111

icon_eek.gif Oh that would be awesome!!! You are the best ever!!! I'm hoping I'm brave enough to get some! Normally the people are pretty nice there so hopefully it'll work out! Oooh but the thought of getting to try the liquid stuff....you guys just make that sound sooo much better. I'm just excited to try any of it at this point. icon_wink.gif

nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 3:38am
post #73 of 111

What's the difference between bettercream, frosting pride and pastry pride? Is it just different brands. I noticed that's what they had at smart and final. They have the chocolate bettercream too, is that any good?

Melvira Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 3:39am
post #74 of 111

Oh man... the liquid is awesome! But I have to be careful if I am using some and leave it in the fridge and my (other) sister stops by. She'll take my cake scraps and put a bunch in a bowl, then pour a ton of the unwhipped liquid over it! Then pour some in her coffee too. She'll sit there pigging out and I'll just shake my head and ask her if she has any idea what her little snack costs!! Grrrrrrrrrr! icon_mad.gif

Melvira Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 3:41am
post #75 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickshalfpint

What's the difference between bettercream, frosting pride and pastry pride? Is it just different brands. I noticed that's what they had at smart and final. They have the chocolate bettercream too, is that any good?

They're just different brands. Whatever you do... don't try to use Pilgrim's Pride. Hehehehe*snork*snicker*cough*

sammie192 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sammie192 Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 4:34am
post #76 of 111

THANKS Melvira for all your help. I have a question I mix some pastry pride with(dry) jell-o pudding, everyone loved. Can I freeze what I have lefted? icon_rolleyes.gif

Tita9499 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tita9499 Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 4:58am
post #77 of 111

So Melvira, when you comin' to EL Paso on a bettercream run?

fiddlesticks Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 2:40pm
post #78 of 111

OMG!!! Mel Are you kidding me??? I have to say that does sound like your sister though ! he he !!! After reading this >>>
the liquid is awesome! But I have to be careful if I am using some and leave it in the fridge and my (other) sister stops by. She'll take my cake scraps and put a bunch in a bowl, then pour a ton of the unwhipped liquid over it! Then pour some in her coffee too.........
I woud have to kill her for sure !!

Tita9499 Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 4:13pm
post #79 of 111

Okay, I need to stop spending so much time on CC.

I had a dream last night that Melvira was the "Bettercream Fairy". She was dressed like a dollop of Bettercream with wings and she would float into our houses and leave buckets of liquid bettercream and malt syrup for all of us.

Fiddlesticks was her elf and was dressed just like her avatar, a cat with noodles floating around her.

It freaked me out, for real!

Melvira Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 4:16pm
post #80 of 111

Sammie, yes, you should be fine to freeze!!

Tita: I'm going to buy me a freezer truck from Schwans or something and start a national train of delivering this stuff!! thumbs_up.gif

Fiddle, you and I have talked... would you expect anything less from that sis really?? icon_rolleyes.gif

Tita9499 Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 4:19pm
post #81 of 111

That's what I'm talking about! I wonder if any company like Schwann's does deliver that stuff...I swear (not really) I saw someone around here selling Bettercream, but since I've been so snooty about it, I kind of turned up my nose and walked by. Now I regret it because I want to try it- shame on me!

fiddlesticks Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 5:12pm
post #82 of 111

No Mel Im sure that was true to form for your special sis! icon_lol.gif
But so funny to read icon_redface.gificon_rolleyes.gif

Melvira Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 5:26pm
post #83 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tita9499

I had a dream last night that Melvira was the "Bettercream Fairy". She was dressed like a dollop of Bettercream with wings and she would float into our houses and leave buckets of liquid bettercream and malt syrup for all of us.

Fiddlesticks was her elf and was dressed just like her avatar, a cat with noodles floating around her.

Ok, I missed that when I posted earlier... I am DYING here!! I seriously think I wet my pants! I can totally see us doing this!! I am going to start working on my Bettercream costume for next Halloween!!!!

Melvira Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 5:27pm
post #84 of 111
Quote:

Ok, I missed that when I posted earlier... I am DYING here!! I seriously think I wet my pants! I can totally see us doing this!! I am going to start working on my Bettercream costume for next Halloween!!!!

Tita9499 Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 5:30pm
post #85 of 111

Ha Ha!
I made the DARK CHOCOLATE MISTRESS pee her pants!

fiddlesticks Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 5:35pm
post #86 of 111

Why I am my avatar Im always a tangled mess tring to get things straight ! he he !
But I have to say Mel is the QUEEN of bettercreme not a fairy! But hey its your dream...
And I will also take any gifts MEL wants to leave at my house.. well with in reason that is !
Mel Im sending you a box of depends for your personal problem!

Tita9499 Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 5:38pm
post #87 of 111

No, she made a great fairy. She had little lustre dust sparkles swirling around and everything!

fiddlesticks Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 5:42pm
post #88 of 111

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gif

Melvira Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 5:53pm
post #89 of 111
Quote:

Ha Ha!
I made the DARK CHOCOLATE MISTRESS pee her pants!

Don't you know that's one of the seven caloric sins?? "Thou shalt not make the Mistress soil herself". Now, the next three batches of ganache that you make are going to be grainy or separated!! Sorry... they're not my rules. icon_lol.gif

Edited to fix one of my most loathed English mistakes!!

mndy204 Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 5:59pm
post #90 of 111

I love the direction this thread has gone!!! I don't think I've laughed this hard in a long time!!!

It's not everyday you find out the DARK CHOCOLATE MISTRESS pees herself when laughing too hard AND I never even KNEW there were 7 Caloric Sins!!! icon_eek.gif You guys are great! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%