Very Important - A Fellow Cc'er Needs Our Positive Thoughts

Lounge By TracyLH Updated 23 Jan 2009 , 7:17pm by SweetDreamsAT

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 1:50pm
post #61 of 196

My best friend had breast cancer. She is cancer free now for 5 years.

She went through everything with a POSITIVE attitude and I truly believe this is what got her through. That and laughter. Sometimes it was hard for her to laugh, but support to keep you positive is what works.

My prayers are with you, but keep POSITIVE!!!
Do NOT let cancer get the best of you.
Vicky in Michigan

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 1:52pm
post #62 of 196

Joanne

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers as well. I am so sorry for what you are going through, but it is important to stay positive. Prayer and positive thinking make a world of difference. My great greatmother had a masectomy when she was in her late 70's, and despite her many other health issues, recovered completely and remained cancer free. I wish you all the best for a speedy recovery and positive outcome.

Peeverly, I wish you the best and will keep you in my prayers as well.

IcedTea4Me2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IcedTea4Me2 Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 2:05pm
post #63 of 196

Joanne,

You are in my prayers and thoughts.

Lisa

CCCTina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CCCTina Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 2:08pm
post #64 of 196

Please stay positive and fight this. Cancer is only a hurdle, not an ending. My friend's mother was diagnosed with stage 4 BC and that woman is soooo strong, she fought and won. She is doing wonderfully now. You can do it too! God grants miracles every day. I have been the recipient of a few myself! Sending prayers and hugs your way.
Tina

Neicey76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Neicey76 Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 2:18pm
post #65 of 196

Please tell her that she is in my prayers and to lean on Psalm 27 and 121.

liapsim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liapsim Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 2:20pm
post #66 of 196

You are in my prayers Joanne! Be strong and have faith honey!

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 2:36pm
post #67 of 196

Joanne, you are in my thoughts and prayers. You can do this. So keep on fighting.

Take Care.

(((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

DaCakeDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DaCakeDiva Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 2:44pm
post #68 of 196

Let me tell you about blessings, last year this time I was homeless and jobless with a 18 month old and a7 year old. I had to have their secret santa gifts mailed to a PO Box.

Now I have a job and a place for my babies to lay their heads and we're doing fine.

Joanne God is still in the miracle working bizness. Your healing is already done this is just part of the process.

Another poster said "cry if you want", yell scream and shout just don't give up.

Call the Cancer Treatment Centers of America 800-268-0786 use all the resources available to you. Remember the story about the man in the flood and be proactive.

The CCers are here for you as you can see. Be strong when you have to and cry when you need to, but in all things give glory to God and thank Him for your healing.

Your sister in cake,
DaCakeDiva

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 3:34pm
post #69 of 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenLeeCakes

Let me tell you about blessings, last year this time I was homeless and jobless with a 18 month old and a7 year old. I had to have their secret santa gifts mailed to a PO Box.

Now I have a job and a place for my babies to lay their heads and we're doing fine.

HeavenLee, I'm sorry for what you went through in the past, I am happy that things are better for you and your precious babies now. God Bless.

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 3:46pm
post #70 of 196

Our prayers and thoughts are with her....let her know..
Edna

amielyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amielyn Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 3:49pm
post #71 of 196

Joanne,
You are definitely in my prayers. I am reading this post with tears in my eyes, just because of the outpouring of love and support!! What a wonderful "family" we have here!

Amy in MO

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 4:13pm
post #72 of 196

Joanne, try to keep a positive attitude and never take your eyes and thoughts off of God. Know He is the Divine Healer and hears all of your prayers. He is hearing all of the prayers being said for you here on CC and elsewhere. Have Faith, never give up Hope and know you are Loved by many.

My prayers are with you and your family at this very difficult time. God's best to you always!

Lea, a cancer survivor of 19 years now.

Narie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Narie Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 10:05pm
post #73 of 196

I am a 1 year 1 month BC survivor. It is amazing what I have learned about BC in the last year. First, the treatment advances are moving forward with what seems like the speed of light. Survivor rates are also increasing. Joanne, if they offer you clinical trials at your Cancer hospital, go for it. Treatment I received last December - which were in the clinical trials then - are mainstream treatment options now.

Allow people to help, particularly when you start Chemo even it is just unloading the dishwasher or doing laundry for you. Chemo takes the starch out of you big time. If you are not working outside the home, sweatsuits can be a good friend to a chemo patient.

Cancer patients receive treatment tailored to them as individuals, which is why everything is so unclear at the beginning. The doctors have to take the results of all the tests together and work out the best case approach for each patient. If your cancer center offers counseling, naturopathic medicine or the services of a dietician take advantage of their services. I really appreciate the help the naturopath has given me. (Even though she is gunho on green tea, I discovered that I can drink enough green tea to keep her happy if it is iced.)

When/if you start loosing your hair, let yourself grieve -and then celebate it. Shave the rest of it off and try on every colored wig they they have. Try on the platinum blond wig or the flaming red wig- go ahead and get them if they suit your fancy. Just blame it on Chemo Brain if your family or friends look askance. You are in the fight of your life and anything that make you smile or giggle is a good thing. ( And to h#ll with anyone who thinks you ought to feel or behave a certain "proper"way.)

After the masectomy get yourself a tee shirt that reads, " Yes, they're fake. (My real ones tried to kill me.) Cancer survivors can have a rather macab sense of humor.

To those of you reading this who are cancer free. A- get your mammograms, the earlier a cancer is detected-way before you can feel it in a self-exam-the easier your treatment will be. B- Join the Army of Women. Dr. Susan Love asked researchers what they needed to speed up research to eradicate BC. Their response was healthy women who would agree to be part of their research. Which is what the Army of Women is. http://www.armyofwomen.org/ Sign up and you will be e-mail alerted about research projects. If you are interested in participating in any study, you just contact that research group. Signing up for the Army dosen't commit you to anything- it just says you are willing to consider research projects. The goal is to make BC a footnote in history within the next 20 to 30 years.

vteventrider Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vteventrider Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 10:22pm
post #74 of 196

Hang in there. Positive thinking goes a long way. You got cancer it did NOT get you and therefore CANNOT beat you! My mother is fighting this battle right now as well so I will add you to my prayers.

Someonesmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Someonesmommy Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 10:58pm
post #75 of 196

Joanne, although I have never had the pleasure of meeting you, I will hold you in my thought and keep you in my prayers. God does not give us anything that we cannot handle.

A friend of mine has cancer and she has a copy of this poem in her car, on her mirror, fridge and other little places where she sees it through out the day and says everytime she reads it it makes her feel better and puts a little more fight in here that she had the day before.

I WEAR A PINK RIBBON
By Kimberly Harris

A silent killer with no face
A theif within the night
A constant battle for my life
A bitter evil fight

The scars remind me of the day
It knocked on my souls door
It tried to rob me of my strength
It left me on the floor

To survive, I had to sacrifice
My breast and even my hair
It showed no pity as it snatched
These things without a care

I started to give up my fight
I felt I could take no more
Then God reached down and
Gently picked me up off the floor

He wiped my face and blew my nose
Just like my mama used to do
He said don't cry my childFor I have things in store for you

I did not bring you all this way
To leave you high and dry
I love you and you are my child
So hold your head up high

There is nothing I cannot fix
No pain I can't erase
Have faith and no that I am here
There is nothing you can't face

So then I threw my hands up high
And gave God all his praise
For my soul had been uplifted
And my spirit had been raised

Ill fight this fight with cancer
And know I will be fine
For God said it and I know its true
That VICTORY will be mine!!!

Stay strong and keep your head up.

In Gods name you WILL WIN this fight!

classiccake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
classiccake Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 11:02pm
post #76 of 196

Joanne,

How ironic that I should read this thread today. This morning I kept my yearly appointment with my breast surgeon, who reminded me it was 5 years ago this week that I got the big "C" news. (As if I could forget!) I got a clean bill of health. icon_biggrin.gif She also told me I did not have to bring my mammograms in for her to see anymore...I was far enough "out!"

Don't be afraid to let your emotions fly. icon_cry.gificon_evil.gificon_mad.giftapedshut.gif Accept all the help that is offered. It is time for people to support you now. Later on you can "pay it forward!"

Know that this will end, but you will find a "new normal," and that is OKAY!

It doesn't sound too good, but this really is good....if you have to get some kind of cancer, be glad it is breast cancer. So much research has been done in this field and the prognosis just keeps getting better and better.

Take one day at a time. Treat yourself when you can. Keep positive. Keep the faith.

So many things happened to me that were only God given, that I can not begin to tell you all the stories. But let me tell you just this one.

I had a lumpectomy and returned to work a week after surgery. I still had bandages on my breast. (I own a shop and I just HAD to be there...now I know better icon_smile.gif ) I got there before the store opened and one of my employees explained that a girl had called and said she needed a cake to take to work, could she come in before hours and get one. So we were looking for her to arrive. I happened to be out front when she came in. I like to chat with the customers, so I asked her where she worked. She told me she was at St. Vincent's Hospital. I asked what she did there. She told me she was a radiation tech at the cancer center. My mouth fell open!! I told her that I would be starting there in two weeks for treatments. She told me she would keep her eyes out for my paperwork and told me the names of her two favorite radiation oncologists. I asked my Dr. to send me to one of those two Dr's and she was able to get that done.

The tech came into the store the week before I was to start and told me she had personally handled my paper work and she would meet me in the outer foyer for my prep work the first day. Sure enough, she was there waiting for this scared, nervous patient on my first day in a very foreign land!

The first day of my first radiation treatment, she was waiting on me in the radiation waiting room and gave me my first treatment.

Now, do you think it was a coincidence that she just happened into the store that first morning and I was the one who waited on her? I think NOT. God has people in place for us when we need them most.

You are in my prayers!!

Love, Ilene McHone
((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

janebrophy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janebrophy Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 11:06pm
post #77 of 196

Joanne, I have never had the opportunity to meet you, but my thoughts & prayers are with you and your family. Keep your chin up! & never underestimate the power of positive thinking!

projectqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
projectqueen Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 11:11pm
post #78 of 196

Joanne, I went through a similar thing in 2004, when my daughter was just 18 months old. I was scared to death. I know what you are feeling and believe me the worst part is the unknown. Once you get your scan results and have a treatment plan in place you will feel better. I did not have to have a masectomy, but did have surgery, radiation and chemo. If you have any questions or want to talk to someone who has been there, please pm me anytime and if you want me to call you just pm your phone number and I will call. Thank GOD to this day I am okay.

I found a lot of support on www. breastcancer. org (take out the spaces) and I highly recommend that website. You can search for just the information you are ready to digest, you don't get overwhelmed with scary stuff. The women on there are great for support, too. There is even a section in the forums called "waiting on test results" or something similar where everyone posting on there is in the same shoes, waiting. I am posting this on here instead of in a pm because I am certain that someone else reading this will find comfort in that website as well, either for themselves or a loved one. Knowledge is power, and in this sisterhood we need to be armed with as much knowledge as possible!

You are in my thoughts and prayers!

Lenore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenore Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 11:20pm
post #79 of 196

Joanne, You will be in my thoughts and prayers. I wanted to share my family's experience with cancer. My mother (mom of 6 children) was diagnosed with colon cancer when I was 15 yrs old. It did spread to her surrounding lymph nodes. Her tumor was the size of a grapefruit and they said she had it for years and did not know. They told her she had 6 months to live. She said, " 6 months my a**!! That was seriously what she said!! She refused chemo and has been cancer free since her one and only surgery (14 hrs long). It has been 25 years since then and she is still well. Prayer and positive thinking will take you through this challenge you are facing.

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 11:27pm
post #80 of 196

I am so sorry to hear about your cancer, JoAnne and am here to tell you that we will lift you up in prayers, and to let you know that GOD is with you always Just Keep the Faith and you will be ok.

God Bless, Happy New Year.

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 11:30pm
post #81 of 196

Prayers and Positive thoughts for you Joanne! Your CC family is here for you ! Keep your chin up.Sending you lots of prayers!!

sayhellojana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sayhellojana Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 11:37pm
post #82 of 196

all of CC is on your side, and positive thinking has a huge impact on recovery. Joanne will beat cancer and be a stronger woman because of it. A friend of mine was recently diagnosed with thyroid cancer, and could be battling this without friends and family. Joanne has a whole website full of them icon_smile.gif
You are in our prayers.

jmeller0103 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmeller0103 Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 11:38pm
post #83 of 196

You will be in my thoughts and prayers! thumbs_up.gif

Taigen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Taigen Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 11:39pm
post #84 of 196

Good thoughts and prayers going up from here.

kellertur Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellertur Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 11:47pm
post #85 of 196

Joanne~
You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Two years ago I went through something similar. (I was in my early 30's with a breastfeeding infant). After being misdiagnosed with cysts, I was finally diagnosed with "bad cells" in my right breast and had to have a small portion removed which only left a small scar, thankfully. ~ So far so good... (these things can't help but make us stronger.)

I am thinking of you and I'm sure you will have the loving support of just about every member here.

red0027 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
red0027 Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 11:49pm
post #86 of 196

My grandfather has been fighting cancer for 10 years. While that is a long time, it only means that it can be beat. Lots of willpower and prayers are what did it for him and we know that the same can be done for her.

She couldn't have picked a better group of folks to pray and keep her spirits up. We may not be there in person, but we are there in thoughts, love, and prayer. Tell her to be strong. She will be like the Verizon commercials...wherever she goes, there we are..her own personal community thumbs_up.gif !!!

sweettreats36 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreats36 Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 11:54pm
post #87 of 196

Please let her know that her and her family are in my thoughts and prayers. Two of my aunts were diagnosed with cancer, one with breast cancer and one with cervical. I myself had a scare with cervical and had to have surgery and with the grace of the lord it was benign. Positive thinking and all your faith in the lord will get you thru. My aunts both were blessed by the lord and here now in remission. No that you are not alone and when times come that you do feel like you are turn to the lord and your family including your CC family. god bless you.

MaxTRexmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaxTRexmom Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 12:02am
post #88 of 196

Praying for you!!!

SusieHazCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SusieHazCakes Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 12:17am
post #89 of 196

Poor girl. I so believe in the power of positive thinking, so mine will be with her.

DDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DDiva Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 12:24am
post #90 of 196

I also believe in the power of positive thinking. All of my prayers and positive thoughts are with you during this difficult time. You WILL overcome!!!
Teresa

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%